PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe review

TBY2225
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
We had dinner at Whispering Canyon Café on Saturday 9-29-07. We were on the dining plan and had ADR’s for 7:30pm. I made this one a little later than most since we had spent the day touring Kennedy Space Center and we were not sure what time we would be back. We got to WL right at 7:30 and got a pager. The kids loved the Lincoln logs and wooden horses! We were seated about 7:45. We were seated at the same time as another family and were literally sitting side by side. Our server Sweet Sassy Molassy was great. She walked up, threw napkins and straws at us, and sat down between the two tables. She took both of our orders at the same time, which I thought this was a bit strange, but it worked out fine. DH got diet coke, I got a chocolate shake that they kids drank, and DD got lemonade. We decided to get the skillet so we got salad and corn bread for appetizers. The corn bread was good and had a sweet taste to it. The salad was like the one we got at Ohana. It was good too. My DD had heard someone else ask for ketchup so the next time Sweet Sassy came by DD asked for some too. She had more fun taking it to the next table when they asked as well. We loved the servers asking everyone to be quiet because someone was on the telephone, or taking random pictures with someone’s camera. The skillet was good. The Ribs and pulled pork were outstanding and the sauce was really sweet and good. I loved the baked beans and potatoes. I really stuffed myself. It was all so good! The meat was wonderfully smoked and not fatty at all, and being from the south I know BBQ! This was really good BBQ! For dessert, even though I didn’t have room, I got the banana dust bowl and DS and I loved it! DD got worms and dirt and was glad she didn’t have to eat ice cream again; DH got the cheesecake and liked it as well. We enjoyed this dinner and entertainment a lot. I also loved the whole WL – it was breath taking! Dinner took about an hour and a half. If we had paid OOP $ 91.68

disneydrmr
10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
This was one of my favorite meals on my trip! I also had gotten the skillet and it was wonderful! Glad your family enjoyed it as well!

Mnchknbrat1982
10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
this was our favorite of the trip. However, we didn't order the skillet as neither Alan or I like BBQ. His cousin said we should eat here and we are glad we did. We will probably return here!

NJGIRL
10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
We really liked this place as well. We are definately going back next year.

SBETigg
10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Sounds really good. I may have to try this one sometime. Thanks for reviewing!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
We love WCC too! Glad to hear you had a good dinner...on our last trip DD got so much ketchup for the table beside us that they gave her a tip! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
10-08-2007, 07:04 PM
This was the worst meal I ever had in Disney and I will never be back....

mulderxcoltrane
10-08-2007, 07:15 PM
This was the worst meal I ever had in Disney and I will never be back....

Can you elaborate on why?
We're trying to decide if we'll go on our upcoming trip.

SgtTigger
10-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I have been several times and had a great time...... we really like the food here.
The waiting room is great since it is the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge.....

If you don't like loud places this is not the place for you... it is loud and they have pony races with the kids.....

:cop: :tigger:

EPCOT84
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
It is a favorite for me too. I discoverd it in '99 and had to go back last month. No complaints on the food, it was really good. The barbeque of course is the speciality. The environment is breathtaking because it is in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. During daytime, the lights from the windows add a freshness to the place.

What was new (I think) was the 'sideshow'. The CM servers are sassy, wild, loud, and darn right ornery !:fresh:

At the table next to us, one girl asked for something special. The server said she'd have to work for it. He went away. The family was wondering what was up. He came back with a broom and had her sweep up around the table ! The girl took it seriously and went to work. Later on he came back, hands on hips, inspected her work, thanked her, took the broom and walked away. By now her siblings are cracking up. Eventually she got her special request and I think they threw in a dessert.

Later on, they had the entire restaurant get up and do the Hokey Pokey !

So, whispering it is not and there IS a warning sign out front but if you enjoy entertainment like this, enjoy !:goodbad:

DVC Mike
10-08-2007, 08:44 PM
We were at WCC this past week (twice) and had a great time (both times). It's a fun place to eat!

mouseaddict
10-08-2007, 09:37 PM
All of these posts are very disturbing to me....it seems that everyone is starting to discover..and love WCC! It is a family tradition for us to eat here every trip. We love the breakfast on our last day and have had lunch too...please don't let everyone start going there..I won't be able to get an ADR!

crazykids
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
My family was there a couple of weeks ago & thought it was just ok. We went mainly for the antics & our waiter was a real dud! I got the skillet & my husband had the meatloaf. Food was good, nothing outstanding. Probably would chose another restaurant next time.

McGoofy
10-08-2007, 11:43 PM
I love the atmosphere at WCC! You really do get a lot for your money. I have only been there for breakfast. It's much cheaper than a character meal, but you can get an all-you-can-eat skillet and lots of entertainment. I don't know how the servers don't lose their voices after yelling like they do every day! It is so much fun. Some things I remember...my DS asked for a spoon...the server brought out this HUGE wooden spoon (like the kind from the 70's that you would hang on the wall), DS asked for a blue crayon...the server yelled out that our table needed a blue crayon and had all the kids bring him a blue crayon; one server came out yelling at another guest, "MR. (fill in the name) YOUR CREDIT CARD # (fill in a bunch of numbers) HAS DECLINED!; DS got to participate in a pony race; we all did the hokey pokey; etc... Oh, and back before they changed the napkins to paper napkins, they used to use bandanas for the napkins. Our server tied up a whole bunch of napkins and straws and somehow created a "hat" that looked like Goofy ears and made my DH wear it. She let him keep it to take home with us. All the hoopla is fun. However, the food is great too. The bacon is that thick apple smoked bacon, which I haven't seen on other breakfast buffets. You also get eggs, sausage, pinecone shaped waffles, and a bunch of other things. I will be at WDW in 3 weeks, and we have another reservation to eat there during this trip. Love it!:thumbsup: