PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island/Pirate's Lair

disneydrmr
10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
So, do the CMs here hide anything like the paintbrushes at WDW??? Just wondering so I'll know if I should be on the look out for anything and if so, what to look for, when I'm there in just 23 more days!

MegaDisney
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't know enough about WDW to answer your question.

There is hidden treasure and some cool interactive exhibits on the island and in the caves.

My favorite is a place where you turn a ships wheel to raise a treasure chest from under the water, which gets pulled back by a skeleton pirate. Very cool.

The interactive elements in the cave are very cool, and even made me jump/scream like a little girl.

Overall the revamp of TSI to Pirates Lair is very cool, and seems to have given new life to the island.

Aisling
10-28-2007, 06:12 PM
MegaDisney,
I'm taking my son up tomorrow and since it's just the two of us, I'm sure we'll spend a lot of time on the island. I've never seen the ship you mentioned, can you tell me where it is? That sounds really cool and I'd love to share it with him. Thanks a million!!!

NotaGeek
10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
MegaDisney,
I'm taking my son up tomorrow and since it's just the two of us, I'm sure we'll spend a lot of time on the island. I've never seen the ship you mentioned, can you tell me where it is? That sounds really cool and I'd love to share it with him. Thanks a million!!!

The ship is right on the walkway on the island. There is what looks like a wheel/wench system with a chain going down a well ... you can't miss it. It's very close the the ball of bones that is a photo pass opportunity.

Aisling
10-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks so much! We found the chest and weren't we surprised when it was pulled up. Also, the Dead Man's Grotto is a must. So fun! We had a great time on the island - thanks again for the tip.