PDA

View Full Version : Boatwright's/ River Mill Food Court ~ 9/22

Mnchknbrat1982
10-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Boatwright's:

We went to check in at our dinner reservation at Boatwright's about 7:30 pm. We was told by the hostess to come back at about 8:15pm as our reservation wasn't until 8:30 to check in. Which we knew we was early but wanted to see if we could get in. Went and looked in the gift shop at Port Orleans Riverside until 8:15 pm. Then Alan & I went to check us all in for dinner. We were then handed a pager. We went and found his parents in the gift shop and looked around a little bit more. It was about 8:45 when we were paged to be seated. After our server came to the table and we was handed the menu's I noticed that they had changed the menu items. As I had just checked the menu's a couple days before we left. No one saw anything that we wanted. So we asked the server about substitutions and he wouldn't work with anyone. Also sayed they didn't have like a plain backed potato or anything. So we all decided to get dinner elsewhere. This really irriated me that they change the menu on such short notice when you make your reservations so far in advance. I don't think we will be returning here unless we stay at Riverside then maybe like breakfast.

River Mill Food Court:

Once we left Boatwright's we decided to head down to the Riverside food court. Alan's parents got the roast beef dinner.They paid for their's seperate. Paid $ 28.46

Alan and I both got the create your own pasta. Alan's was a penne with marinara sauce and chicken. I got the fettuccine alfredo with chicken. Both came with a breadstick. The breadsticks seemed like they had been sitting very hard. These portions were huge! The pasta itself was great! It was made fresh right in front of you with several types of pastas, sauces, add ons to choose from. We didn't eat half of it. They came in really cute to go boxes. Alan also got a chocolate chip cookie and I got a piece of carrot cake. As we used the dining plan counter service credit. Cost was $29.62

Overall we liked the food here and would return again to this food court!

tinksmom02
10-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry that Boatwright's was disappointing, but sounds like you got a decent meal just the same!

Don't cross Boatwright's off your list for good--you have to try it for breakfast sometime!

Mnchknbrat1982
10-08-2007, 11:39 PM
We aren't just yet. We are talking about maybe staying at Riverside next time so we'll try their breakfast.

#1donaldfan
10-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Boatwrights is best for it's breakfast, IMHO.....we love it very much.....dinner, we eat elsewhere.......sometimes we do eat in the food court.......not bad, actually pretty good..........

mnhockey
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Is the menu different from the one on All Ears Net. Been going there for the last 6 years and love the food.

EmmMOM2
10-10-2007, 07:04 AM
I LOVE boatwrights for breakfast YUMM!
Though i do remember their foodcourt as being one of the ones i liked the best as well.

Maybe try for breakfast next time..

tinkerbell04
10-10-2007, 09:46 AM
We were there in June and noticed that some of the menu choices had changed. We had always enjoyed our experiences at Boatwrights, but this time was just ok. We decided to skip if for the next couple of trips.:mickey:

julyjewel
10-10-2007, 10:08 AM
hey, if anyone does see the new menu changes...please share. My husband and I want to go to Boatwright's next for our annivesary. I hope the menu wasn't drastically chnaged or we will have to make other plans.

Mnchknbrat1982
10-10-2007, 12:38 PM
from what allears has the menu is drastically different. I can't remember what all was on the menu but I know a lot of what is listed is not.

tinkerbell04
10-10-2007, 12:51 PM
I know that they did not have the prime rib, that was what I wanted :) They did have the sirloin and the jambayla that is what we ended up with. That was all I could remember specifically from the menu on all ears

Mnchknbrat1982
10-11-2007, 12:04 AM
I do remember no onion rings.

Jared
10-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Can't believe you liked the old menu and couldn't find anything on the new one! That's so disappointing and upsetting.

But it sounds like you guys ended up having a nice impromptu meal.

:tasty: