PDA

View Full Version : Day 2~ 9/22~ Brandie & Alan's trip

Mnchknbrat1982
10-08-2007, 12:59 AM
9/22: Arrival Day

We got up about 8 am and checked out of the Super 8. Went across the street and had breakfast at the Waffle House. We were on the road headed to florida by 9 am. We made some stops on the way for gas and such. We arrived at Disney World at 4pm. We got checked into the Port Orleans French Quarter by 4:15 pm. Was checked in by a lady from Russia. We went and found our room and dropped off our suitcases.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/Mnchknbrat1982/CIMG1354.jpg

Then we went shopping at Downtown Disney from about 4:30-7:00pm. We went to check in at our dinner reservation at Boatwright's about 7:30 pm. We was told by the hostess to come back at about 8:15pm as our reservation wasn't until 8:30 to check in. Which we knew we was early but wanted to see if we could get in. Went and looked in the gift shop at Port Orleans Riverside until 8:15 pm. Then Alan & I went to check us all in for dinner. We were then handed a pager. We went and found his parents in the gift shop and looked around a little bit more. It was about 8:45 when we were paged to be seated. After our server came to the table and we was handed the menu's I noticed that they had changed the menu items. As I had just checked the menu's a couple days before we left. No one saw anything that we wanted. So we asked the server about substitutions and he wouldn't work with anyone. Also sayed they didn't have like a plain backed potato or anything. So we all decided to get dinner elsewhere. This really irriated me that they change the menu on such short notice when you make your reservations so far in advance. I don't think we will be returning here unless we stay at Riverside then maybe like breakfast.

Once we left Boatwright's we decided to head down to the Riverside food court. Alan's parents got the roast beef dinner.They paid for their's seperate. Paid $ 28.46

Alan and I both got the create your own pasta. Alan's was a penne with marinara sauce and chicken. I got the fettuccine alfredo with chicken. Both came with a breadstick. These portions were huge! They came in really cute to go boxes. Alan also got a chocolate chip cookie and I got a piece of carrot cake. As we used the dining plan counter service credit. Cost was $29.62

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/Mnchknbrat1982/CIMG1383.jpg

After we left the food court we stopped at listened to Bob Jackson perform for an hour or so at the River Roost. After this Alan's parents headed to Leesburg and Alan & I went exploring the French Quarter. Then we went to our room for the night. Got to our room around 11 pm.

I took some pictures of the room if anyone wants to see. When we got to our room we had 2 towel animals :) One was a rabbit and I think the other is supposed to be a turkey.
Next up: Magic Kingdom

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Sounds like your off to a good start.:mickey: Sorry to hear you had to leave the restaurant and hope everywhere else you eat will make up for it.:)

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your restaurant woes. But at least you were able to make the best of it!!

faline
10-18-2007, 06:54 AM
After waiting all that time for dinner, you didn't find anything you liked?! What a disappointment! The rest of your day sounds like it was fun!

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks for sharing.