PDA

View Full Version : 8 days at FW

medic9016
10-07-2007, 11:07 PM
We have been home a week since our 8 days at FW. This was our second stay at FW. We stayed in our small pop-up. We had a great time. Rain was not bad at all and the heat was not terrible. We came home and traded in our pop-up for a 28 ft travel trailer. We passed on the DVC for the new travel trailer. We booked again for Jan. I was very impressed with the custom golf carts. The roadster was our favorite.

tink03
10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi I was thinking of doing 9 days in a tent in Sept 08. Do you think the weather is hot or ok? Also if I dont rent a golf cart are the buses in walking distance? And is it just as easy to get to the parks from FW as it is a a moderate resort?

FloridaTeacher
10-08-2007, 07:36 AM
We came home and traded in our pop-up for a 28 ft travel trailer. We passed on the DVC for the new travel trailer.

First of all - congratulations on the upgrade. You'll love it!:D

Now for Tink's questions. The weather can definitely be pretty hot in September, better than August but not as nice as October. Buses are always just a short stroll away. Yes, it's quite easy to get to the parks from the Fort. Magic Kingdom is a boat ride away and the others are a bus ride or two away. When we go to Epcot, we take the boat to the Contemporary & the monorail from there to Epcot.:cool:

12 Days & counting 'til I'm back at the fort!!:thumbsup:

goofysbabe
10-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Our first trip to WDW was in a camper and we stayed at Ft. Wilderness - this is a very nice campground and we REALLY liked it. We did decide however if we are going to Disney we are staying in one of the resorts (for us - it was just more magical that way). I was not impressed with the bus system for Ft. Wilderness - in fact I thought it to be awful. So anyone planning a future trip remember this. Hope you enjoy your new camper and many happy campings ahead to you and yours:thumbsup:

ibrowse17
10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Glad you had a great stay and already have your next trip planned:mickey: We love FW, and really enjoy the carts to cruise around the other loops in. Sounds like a nice new camper will be pulling into FW very soon, congrats:thumbsup:

medic9016
10-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi I was thinking of doing 9 days in a tent in Sept 08. Do you think the weather is hot or ok? Also if I dont rent a golf cart are the buses in walking distance? And is it just as easy to get to the parks from FW as it is a a moderate resort?

Sept 06 we stayed 9 days in a tent. Too hot during the day to be in the tent. Very nice at night while sleeping though. We did take two fans with us. We only rented a golf cart for a couple of days to ride around and look at the other loops. The buses and boats to the parks are very efficent. Not to worry.:thumbsup: