PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe

Suz36
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
What are the chances of being able to walk-in for breakfast here the first week of December? We're staying at Poly, and I'd like to try it on our sleep-in morning. I don't really want to be tied to a time, but I don't want to miss out either.

Disdude
10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
We went there for breakfast on Thursday with a reservation. They were seating others without reservations as well. I bet you would find the crowd levels to be similar at that time. I would still recommend calling the day before at the latest to be sure.

Jared
10-07-2007, 09:53 PM
You should be able to have breakfast at Kona Cafe without a reservation. Later in the morning, most families leave the hotels for the parks, so the non-character table service restaurants are usually available, especially the places in the resorts.

MinnieMommie
10-07-2007, 10:12 PM
This should be doable. We have been lucky getting in to Kona without a reservation. But no one can predict what it will be like on any given day. :mickey:

2Epcot
10-07-2007, 11:19 PM
We easily got into the Kona Cafe for breakfast in the middle of the summer time without a reservation. My last trip was my only experience there, but there wasn't a long wait.

Tink&Goofy
10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
We are going to try this Thursday. We have a red eye flight getting in before 6:00am. We figure once we hit the resort -TRY to check in, and drop our things, we will head out for breakfast. I don't want to make an ADR either, since there are too many time variables. I'm hoping for the best!

The Bookseller
10-08-2007, 01:21 AM
A month ago, I literally walked in at Kona Cafe without any issues. I remember one time I had to wait for 15 min. before having a table.

If you want to be sure, use an ADR but I think it's a tad overkill in this case.

Sinewiz
10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for al the info. Just what I needed. :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
We got into Kona Cafe for lunch in July without a reservation so chances are good for you to get in for breakfast in December :eat:

BTW, the lunch was DELICIOUS!!!! :tasty:

sillyolbear
10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Breakfast shouldn't be a problem without an ADR. We've walked up and been taken right a table several times without an ADR at breakfast.

Enjoy!

Suz36
10-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for all the opinions! Makes me much more comfortable with "winging it" (not my usual way of operating!!) 54 days to go!!!!