PDA

View Full Version : How is it?

mpoppinsgirl
10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Ok...so if you have been to disney world lately...how is the haunted mansion after "the change?" We are going in december and that is one of my favorite rides...is it messed up??

Darbylew
10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
I have heard some great things about the HM.
We are going in November so I will be sure and
ride HM while I am there. I can't wait to see it.

medic9016
10-07-2007, 09:25 PM
We were there last week. The HM refurb is very good. We really liked the additions. The audio upgrades are done very well.:thumbsup:

crazeedizneefinatic
10-07-2007, 09:32 PM
The changes are awesome and very noticable. The audio in the stretching room is the only thing I noticed, sounded the same on the doom buggy?? Maybe I was too into the changes to notice. One thing I was hugely disappointed in though was the lack of merchandise. What's with the Jack Skellington cart outside? Never made a connection with that. Other than that you will enjoy it!

Kairi_7378
10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
HM refurb is AWESOME. They were very respectful of the original attraction. I took Keys to the Kingdom with a 24-year-employee last week and he loved the changes, too.

Jeff G
10-07-2007, 11:26 PM
The changes are very noticable but very positive. I always shudder at the thought of a rehab when it comes to a vintage ride but in this case it works.

pennsy22
10-08-2007, 03:33 AM
My family and I made a special trip over to WDW this weekend just to ride the HM. We ended up getting a room for Saturday night and spent the weekend. Anyway, the upgrades are GREAT! I was scared that the changes wouldn't be for the best, like when they added the pop-ups in the attic. I'm very happy with the changes and the new special effects. One thing I noticed is that the ride has been sped up. When we left the stretching room there was no crowd back up and as we got closer to the moving sidewalk we had to walk pretty fast to keep up. *** Spoiler Alert *** I was a little dissapointed that they changed the bride story. It's not that I don't like the new story, I love the effects with the pictures, but I wish they could have worked around the old story. Maybe I don't even know what the old story really was, or was there an old story? Maybe it was all urban legend old stories?:confused: My son liked that they took the giant spider out of the staircase. He likes the new staircase and footprints.:thumbsup:

LauraF
10-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I was there the day it reopened. In two words: LOVE IT!

They have changed the order of the scenes somewhat, but it makes sense with the story. It's a little less cutsey and more spooky, but not enough that it'll scare the little ones. (The scene with the bride is simply breathtaking . . . another "how'd they DO that.")

The day I was there WDW had put roses on the grave of Master Gracey and Madame Leota (I have a photo, but I can't post it right now). The ring was gone from the sidewalk, but everything else I remember was there.

GrmGrninGost
10-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I am always worried they will "mess up" one of my favorites! With HM, they did good! :hmghost: I love it!

KAJUNKING
10-08-2007, 01:15 PM
i too always get a little scared when they refurb a classic, but this one is very well done! :mickey: cant wait to see the refubed spaceship earth, have to wait untill sept of next year, but im excited already

Figgyluv03
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
This has to be my most favorite attraction and I'm glad there is such great feedback about the changes, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it on our next trip.

Momof2boys
10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
I can't wait to see it next week ! Thanks for settling my fears that they didn't ruin it.

May524
10-08-2007, 03:03 PM
YAY!
I love all the great reviews! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see it for myself next month. :)

dumbo ears
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I just saw it saturday and I loved it. It was good before but now its great!

mttafire
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Glad to hear it is GREAT!!! Cant wait to go on it again!!:mickey:

garthbarth1
10-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Ok silly question...I am reading everyones posts and came across Dumbo Ears...Love the avatar of the ghost playing the organ. Was that in the old HM? I dont seem to remember that.

LoriMistress
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I know during opening at the first two weeks there were problems with some of the effects. I'm not sure if they're fixed yet.

AbeeNormal
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
If I remember right the ghost on the organ piano player is in the ballroom where everyone is dancing:dance:...... Correct me if I'm wrong:blush: it's been awhile.

garthbarth1
10-10-2007, 12:36 PM
thanks for the info. I rode it three times last month and do not remember the ballroom scene! Is it still there?

Kathie_WE
10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Ok silly question...I am reading everyones posts and came across Dumbo Ears...Love the avatar of the ghost playing the organ. Was that in the old HM? I dont seem to remember that.

Yes it is was in the previous version.

I will echo every one else's comments... this rehab was very very well done!!!! Nothing to be afraid of.... :secret:

CHEERS!

Kathie

DisneyCouple07
10-10-2007, 02:47 PM
The changes to the HM are nothing less than awesome. From the effects to the additions everything was well done and actually an improvement to what was there. You will not be disappointed. Have a great time. :mickey: