PDA

View Full Version : Fall???? Weather

divinedi
10-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to pass along that I am sitting here at my computer, getting ready to go to my parents for Thanksgiving Dinner (we are having it a day earlier as two of my three girls have to go back to school tomorrow!) and I am sitting in a pair of shorts and a tank top:vacation::sun:. Now that in and of itself isn't unusual, but I live in Southern Ontario, and normally the temperatures here at this time of the year are of the I definitely need a jacket when I go outside variety, and for us to be wearing summer gear, and I actually have the air contioner on it's so warm, is really unusual!!!

So for those of you here in the balmy North, enjoy it while you can because before long :snowball::freeze:

Now I'm off :eat: :turkey:, so have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!

merlinmagic4
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you! It has been unseasonably warm here as well (high 70s) but today it broke for us and it was a bit chilly. It's hard to believe it's fall! Hope you get a couple more days :cloud9:

Donald
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
86' and humid here in Michigan (record high!). It is hard to believe it is October!

It feels like Florida! All I need is a Mickey bar!:bar::tasty:

Seasonscraps
10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
It's the same thing in NYC. We are even running the AC.

mudpuppysmom
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
It was 88 here in Pittsburgh today......VERY UNUSUAL!!!!

ldn324
10-08-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm totally LOVING the warm weather. I raked leaves and went through Halloween decorations yesterday...in my shorts and a t-shirt! It was awesome. Last year I was in a thermal shirt, flannel shirt over that and needed gloves to keep my hands warm. I'll take the 80-degree October weather any day!

DH and I actually joke that it will stay this warm all winter long because we just bought a snow blower and a plow truck. We figure since we spent the money and are prepared, now we won't need them. Wish I could believe that but the snow's right around the corner, no doubt.

DizNee143
10-08-2007, 09:29 AM
this is definetly not fall weather..i am so done with this hot summery weather!! i want colder weather!!!

Jeff G
10-08-2007, 09:57 AM
It's the same here. Normally the temperature is in the upper 50's to low 60's but the past five days have been in the mids 80's. (I think we brought the weather home from orlando last Sunday).

Yesterday we went to the apple orchard to pick pumpkins and apples. Usually were wearing fall coats but yesterday we wore summer clothes and it was still HOT. I'll take it though, by this time next week we could be facing our first snow flakes.

DisneyDog
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
It was close to 90 here yesterday, and is supposed to be just as warm today. Last weekend we went to the beach and went in the ocean. It is supposed to start cooling off here by the end of the week, and maybe be in the high 60s instead of the high 80s. I still hope it's warm at Halloween, though, so DS doesn't have to wear a coat.

The leaves are changing here, despite the warm temperature.

Scar
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I thought this was an interesting news headline that I read today:
Winter Forces Suspension of Search for Missing Aviator Steve FossettWhat?!?

Bethis26fan
10-08-2007, 10:53 PM
It was 91 here today the avg temp this time of year is normal in the upper 70's. Plus we are in a stage 3 drought. Not a fun time to be in the piedmont of SC/NC