PDA

View Full Version : Disney Pins for Wedding Favor?

brewcrew26
10-07-2007, 03:37 PM
My fiance and I would like to start our guests with Disney pin trading. We have 36 guests coming (very small...). I personally don't pin trade, but my fiance's aunt does. I know that pins in the parks normally cost around $7. We plan on leaving a pin on a lanyard on each place setting in our reception. Then, allow guests to roam around (as a way to meet the other family members and friends and an ice breaker because a lot of our family hasn't met yet) and trade their pins. We'll also play games during the reception where they can earn different pins to add to their new collection. On the clip portion of the lanyard, we would like to put a small card with the brief history of the pin trading.

I have a few questions...

Is it possible to buy authentic Disney pins that cast members and other pin traders will actually trade at WDW and DCL in bulk packages? Maybe like 50-100 pins?

Also, can anyone recommend a place online where you can personalize lanyards -- we're looking to get 50 made...

Please reply or PM me! Thanks!!!

jedigrrrl
10-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Ebay :mickey:

kakn7294
10-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I'd try Ebay for the pins - just be careful that what you are getting is an official lot and not a bunch of cheapies. I did an internet search for "personalized lanyard" and came up with a ton of sites. This is a cute idea! Good luck to you!

TracyL
10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I would suggest you try Disney themselves for your lot of 50+ pins. The "mail order" arm of Disney is Disneyland DelivEARS:

[email protected]
(800) 362-4533

If you explain your situation, they may be willing to work some type of discount for you. It certainly can't hurt to ask!!

Congratulations on your wedding, and have fun!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-09-2007, 11:16 PM
:cool: What a great idea!!

vamaggie
10-10-2007, 01:12 PM
We have bought pin lots off Ebay and have not had any problems with fakes. make sure the seller has good feedback (I usually look for at least 99% positive) and has sold a number of items. I don't know about the lanyards but I'm sure you could find them on the internet somewhere (or maybe call Disney and see if they do anything like this)
This sounds like such a fun idea and ice breaker! Congrats and many happy years together!!!:bride::groom:

TikiGoddess
10-10-2007, 10:12 PM
There are other options besides ebay. I sent you a PM.

TikiG

Jumpin'JiminyCricket
10-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Great idea, we are getting married in april and are looking for something similar. Might need to steal that, but the wedding will be so expensive already. :(

I found a really cool Robin Hood and Maid Merian pin that's just coming out.

The pins on Ebay usually work pretty well, buy them in bulk and they are about $2-3 each I think if you get a 50 pin lot.

Good luck

Miss Mouse
11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
What a fantastic idea! We're planning our upcoming wedding as well, and I wish our guest list was smaller (much smaller, to be honest) so that we could do something like this! But with the size of your reception, I think it sounds perfect!

I would definitely recommend eBay for accumulating your favors. You can often find lots that include many different pins in them, and they don't tend to be all that expensive. I'm not sure about the lanyards though. Best of luck in finding them and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Crystal Palace
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
That's a really cute and original idea! You should do that. :mickey: