PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to celebrate birthday? Ideas!

heidi614
10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Does anyone have ideas on the best place to go to celebrate birthday's. We will have two when we go in 2/08. Girl 8 and My dad 60! I have breakfast at the Castle. Any other secrets?:mickey::party:

ElenitaB
10-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

Our favorite place to celebrate birthdays is the Garden Grill. Lots of attention from the characters and a yummy cake too!

Another place that might be nice is the Hoop Dee Doo Review. They also make a fuss about birthdays and it's just a fun evening in general.

I'm going to ask that this thread be moved over to the Dining Forum, where you'll get more answers.

Strmchsr
10-07-2007, 02:28 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

You can click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) to go to Info Central and see all of our birthday tips.

Donald
10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

Good start on the birthday celebration! We celebrated my son's 3rd birthday there with dinner and a special cake. (I ordered that through the restaurant's bakery department) He let's everyone know that his party was there!

Get your birthday pins and have a great day at the parks!:wave:

LoriMistress
10-07-2007, 03:35 PM
For the eight-year-old girl, I would definately stick with CMs. CRT is a great choice. Maybe for dinner you guys can eat at LTT. As for your 60-year-old dad, I would go with more of an adult setting. I would suggest maybe eating at Epcot. Eating at Crystal Palace or even Le Cellier.

Mom2princesses
10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
I second LTT for dinner for you dd. We celebrated my older dd's birthday there when she was 5 and it was cute. I think that most places do the same things though, you'll have confetti on the table, she'll get a signed card from all the characters and they will bring a cupcake and sing happy birthday to her!

I like the idea of the HDDR for your Dad. That might be a fun place to go!

Have a great time. It will be lots of fun to celebrate two birthdays!

mousetrapper
10-08-2007, 09:35 AM
If your dad is a good sport (or just loves Disney!), I'd suggest Chef Mickey's.:mickey:

It has such a fun party atmosphere and they do a really cute birthday cake with gummy bears, etc. (at least that's what it was when we were there back in 2005).

Plus, your little girl will love it, and I bet your dad will get a big kick out of acting "Goofy" with his fellow birthday celebrant!

robyn221
10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!

We just got back last week from a trip to WDW to celebrate my daughter's 9th birthday and had a fabulous time! I strongly suggest you make sure that your daughter's and your dad's birthdays are noted on your hotel reservations as well as all your ADRs.

When we checked in to Fort Wilderness, the first order of business for the front desk staff was to make sure my daughter had her official WDW birthday button. Cast members everywhere we went wished her happy birthday (some even sang to her!), but my favorite was when we were in a little shop in the Mexico section Epcot. The CM behind the counter wished her happy birthday and asked her if she'd talked to Goofy yet. When my daughter said no, she hadn't, the CM picked up the phone, punched in a few numbers and handed the receiver to my daughter. "It's for you," she said. It was a recorded birthday greeting from Goofy. My daughter thought that was very cool.

The "mousekeepers" decorated our cabin with a zoo-full of towel animals and even made her a towel birthday cake. She also received balloons and autographed pictures of the princesses waiting for her in our cabin when we returned from the parks.

When we had dinner at Boma the night before her birthday, she was presented with a card with birthday greetings from several members of the staff in their native languages. She had a great time talking to the staff and getting them to translate what was written.

The staff at WDW know that a lot of people visit for special occasions and a majority of the CMs we encountered seemed to really enjoy doing those little "extras" that can make a birthday really spectacular.

Have a great trip!

Robyn:mickey: