PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Experience

NH Disneyfan
10-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Just back from DW for 7 nights and what terrific accomodations we had!

A party of 6 - we started planning 1.5 years ago to stay at Fort Wilderness. My family of 4 (kids 2.5 & almost 4) booked a cabin and my parents drove their camper from Mass. We requested the 1100 & 2100 loops so we could be close. My parents checked into 1200 and were told that the Cabin my family had was VIP - loop 100.

We checked in and sure enough, we were assigned to a VIP cabin, #118 on loop 100, a 2 minute walk from the boats to MK, Pioneer Hall and the Settlement Trading Post. We asked to have my parents moved close by and sure enough, they got site 115, the first one off the path from the boats.

Fort Wilderness is great - we had reserved a golf cart and used it to get the AK, EPCOT, Downtown buses. It was great to go to the campfire, swimming and just ride around - the Kids loved it! After a long day in the parks, the thought of the golf cart kept the whining away!

The cabins are great - the murphy bed was quite comfortable and the kitchen is priceless. We ate breakfast almost every day and grilled steaks and shrimp twice using the kitchen. Pizza takeout wasn't so great but everything else was just perfect. The separate bedroom for the little ones was a lifesaver and the separated bathroom made all the difference to an enjoyable trip!

I don't know if we were awarded a dream, or a random upgrade - but what a great trip! I highly recommend Fort Wilderness - a perfect place for great memories!!!

vamaggie
10-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the report. We have thought about staying at Fort Wilderness and will probably check it out when we go next month. Glad you had a great experience!

Mrs.Mya
10-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Glad you had a great time at FW. Our trip last year was the first time in the cabins, and my husband actually liked them so much, he does not want to even try another resort. Our upcoming trip during Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and we can hardly wait !! :cloud9:

busterthebronco
10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
we are totally into the cabins!
its weird bu7t they are the best.
grilling out steaks,2 tv's,parking the car right outside the door,a real kitchen,total seclusion,hoop de doo,trails end.
man i could go on and on.
we get a golf cart too.
glad to hear you loved it too!

TammiMcMan
10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
My parents checked into 1200 and were told that the Cabin my family had was VIP - loop 100.I've heard of these cabins, they're usually set aside for Disney VIP's. Was it just the great location, or did the cabin contain upgraded amenities as well?

NH Disneyfan
10-07-2007, 10:49 AM
We had the same question when they told us. As I was in some sort of shock, I never actually asked what "VIP" meant but as far as I can tell it is location, location, location.

You can't beat having a cabin amongst campers, people are super friendly and being on loop 100, lots of people passing by to talk with. The deck was actually smaller than the other cabin decks. The grill and a separate stone grill were on the pavement with the picnic table. We were given about 20 towels per day and with the rain, that was nice - but I'm sure they do that for anyone. I checked out the cabins up on the 2000 loops and they had a lot of brush cut out, people were not outside so there wasn't much friendliness there, it just seemed somewhat boring.

I walked down to the electric light show each night were were "home" and could run down to the fireworks as well. We grabbed ice cream at the store and had easy access to everything.

What actually is a "Disney VIP"? Anyone know why or how people are chosen to stay in those cabins?

mouseketeer mom
10-07-2007, 07:04 PM
We've never stayed in the cabins but I have to say, I'm interested! I hate tho, the idea of being far off in the woods somewhere. The VIP cabins sound great with the terrific location. Can one BOOK the VIP cabins?

TammiMcMan
10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
The VIP cabins cannot be booked. I believe there are only 2 of them and they're reserved for Disney corporate type visitors. I guess if they don't have anyone using them, then they can sprinkle some pixie dust on an unsuspecting family.

A few spots in Disney have VIP settings. I know the Rose & Crown has a special table they set aside on the patio. We were lucky enough to be seated there one evening. The CM told us that our timing was perfect, because Gloria Estafan had just called to cancel it. He told my daughter that the seat she was in, was the one Madonna sat in the night before. It was very cool. The table was tucked away and had the most perfect view of the Tapestry of Dreams parade and Illuminations. We sat there for almost 2 1/2 hours.