PDA

View Full Version : Help! iPhone, Blackberry.......What's the difference?

merlinmagic4
10-06-2007, 09:49 PM
So, I had this inspiration to buy my wonderful husband an iphone for his birthday next week (we're big Apple fans).

Then I see that you have to use AT&T and we are stuck for another year with Sprint.

So, I see that Sprint has a Blackberry type phone.

Is the Blackberry like the iphone? What are the pros and cons of both? Is there anything the iPhone does that the Blackberry doesn't? Is there another phone I should consider?

Help!!!

ElenitaB
10-06-2007, 11:05 PM
One thing you might want to take into consideration is whether your DH will use the phone for work. As much as I want an iPhone, it wouldn't work for me to pick up my work e-mail as the iPhone is not compatible with many corporate e-mail systems (in fact, I read that at present, it isn't compatible at all).

While a Blackberry can access the internet, it can't play movies. I'm sure others will come along with more opinions.

All that said, I continue to really want an iPhone but there's no way that I'd switch to AT&T until they really improve their service in my area.

Mickey07
10-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry that I have no information on the Blackberry, however I bought an iphone back in July and have had no problems with it. The internet is pretty fast and my emails load very quickly. Plus I like the fact that has an ipod integrated into the machine were I can store my videos and music. Hope that helps.

future_imagineer
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
It all depends on how he is using it.

I have an iPhone personally, and it is decent, but doesn't really live up to the hype. The email system is absolutely abysmal, and there are many features that are standard in just about every PDA that just aren't on the iPhone.

However, the web broswing experience is nothing short of excellent, and the built-in iPod is the best iPod that Apple has ever released.