PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new here

JerseyWDWfan
10-06-2007, 08:15 PM
HELLO
Just found Intercot and it has been wonderful source of information for our upcoming vacation.

Question: Do the little girls wear princess costumes to the princess character meals like at the castle or 1900 park fare? I don;t want my daughter (3yrs) to feel left out if that is what the other little princesses are doing.

Thanks.

Kristina

Tinkerbell_Beauty
10-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Kristina,

I believe a lot of the little girls do dress up. I know that when we go toward the end of November my little Kyleigh (will be 10 months at the time of disney) is going to dress up. She is going to be Tinkerbell. =)
Hope this helps some!

kim1st
10-06-2007, 08:36 PM
There was a little bit of everything at the Princess meals (we did 3 of them!). Your DD would probably not feel left out if she didn't dress, but it was a lot of fun to do.

The girls dressed up for dinners at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare. We skipped the princess dresses for dinner at CRT.

If it helps...I couldn't bring myself to lug around the big hefty fancy princess costumes (like the ones they wear at Halloween) for my two girls, so instead we used the ones from their dress up clothes. I think Disney's on-line store sells a trunk with 3 different two-piece outfits. They were lightweight, so it was easy to slip them on over their clothes, and then when my littlest one (then 2 1/2) got sick of wearing hers, we were able to just fold it up and put it in my bag. They were also light enough that my oldest (then almost 5) was able to keep hers on and still ride rides and things...she rode Test Track at Epcot in her Aurora outfit.

:welcome:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-06-2007, 09:16 PM
My DD dressed up for dinner at Akershus. Most girls were dressed up. There were some that were not as well.

We spend the day at the park so I pack her dress, shoes, crown, etc, in a bag and take her into the restroom right before dinner to change. She kept her Snow White dress on for the rest of the night at Epcot but, I made her change out of her Snow White shoes and into her Crocs to walk around after dinner.

I would do what you are comfortable with. You can't go wrong either way. We do get some of our best pictures of DD dressed up at her dinner though.:cloud9:

mulderxcoltrane
10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I noticed this past week that Walmart has been carrying Disney princess costumes for only about $20(they don't have every princess, but they had several). They're back in the toy section, not with Halloween costumes. That seemed like a pretty good price to me, considering what I've seen some of the dresses going for. Maybe they won't look "real" enough for some people, I don't know. I only have a 22-month old boy, so we don't normally pay much attention to the princess stuff!

Kairi_7378
10-07-2007, 02:53 PM
We saw lots of princesses walking around the parks and Asherkus on our visits. However, we saw a few little girls wearing princess t shirts and crowns... they looked a lot more comfortable than the princesses in full costumes.

dixielandings
10-07-2007, 04:10 PM
My goodness - there are princesses and pirates, Woodys and Buzzes all over every Park, every day. I think the best idea is what's been mentioned - take her dress with you for her to change into so she doesn't have to walk around in it.

JerseyWDWfan
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Such great tips - thank you everyone.

:mickey:

tinksmom02
10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Jenna didn't get dressed up for breakfast at Akershus, and, while there were lots of girls in costumes, she wasn't the only one in "street clothes."

I had been going back and forth over buying her a costume for her BBB appointment. In the end, I packed her a cute dress and had her wear that. She got her hair done, had pictures done after her BBB appointment, and we had dinner at 1900 Park Fare with her in her dress (and sash from BBB). I heard lots of little girls complaining that there dresses were itchy (some even had clothes on under their dresses!)

For me, the dilemma wasn't spending the money, or having her be uncomfortable, but knowing that Jenna probably wouldn't wear the costumer when she got home. She loves to dress up, but her favorite costumes are Capt Jack Sparrow and the red Power Ranger. She enjoys getting dressed up from time to time, but an expensive WDW dress would be wasted on her.

Ultimately, as others have said, it's up to you. BUT, if your little princess decides not to dress up, rest assured she won't be an outcast.

MinnieMommie
10-07-2007, 10:17 PM
:welcome: To Intercot!

I've seen both. When my kids were young the only time they wore costumes for for MNSSHP. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Our two little DGDs didn't dress in Princess dresses for any of our character meals. They did have special little Disney outfits for almost every day that we made or had made but none were as fancy or uncomfortable as the Princess dresses that are so expensive. They enjoyed every meet and didn't feel like they were underdressed. I would say, go with your intuition and do what you think she would be most comfortable with. She will have just as good a time, no matter what she wears.

Natazu
10-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Welcome Kristina. We're happy to have you here.

If you haven't run across it yet, when equipping your little princess, if you want to really make and event out of it, check this out... Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/bbb/default.asp)

krorx
10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Welcome.:D My daughter didn't dress up and she was fine. I would think you could do either but I'd definitely bring a change of clothes for later in the day. Being a princess is hard work!

crazykids
10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
We did all of the princess meals about three weeks ago & it was about 50/50 at every meal with kids being dressed up. It was very hot out when we went & I didn't want to carry a dress around the parks w/ me all day, so my 2 daughters did not dress up. Instead I bought them t sirts with the princesses on them that they would see that day & they were very happy with these. The only time they dressed up was when we went to BBB & MNSSHP. You will not feel out of place either way you decide.