PDA

View Full Version : Trick- or- Treat Candy at MNSSHP!

garthbarth1
10-06-2007, 06:20 PM
For those of you who are wondering what type of treats you will receive at MNSSHP, here is a list of what my husband and I brought home from the 9/28 party!

All of these are fun-sized:
Sixlets
Bottle Caps
Butterfinger Bars-fun size and minis
Tootsie Roll Pops
Dum Dum Pops
Mini Gummi bears
Safety Pops
Snickers Bars-fun size and minis
Candy Corn
Nascar Chocolate Race Cars
Three Musketeer Bars
Laffy Taffy-Assorted Flavors
Now and Laters-Assorted Flavors
Chic-O-Sticks
Raisins
Smarties
Pumpkin Suckers
Hershey Kisses
York Peppermint Patties
Bulls-Eye Caramels
Jolly Ranchers -Assorted Flavors
Baby Ruth Bars-Fun size and Minis
Nestle Crunch Bars
Chocolate Skulls
Mary Janes
Sour Patch Kids
Tootsie Roll Midgess-Assorted Flavors
Twizzlers
Lemon Heads
Mini Gummy Burgers and Hot Dogs
Hershey's Miniatures
Peanut Butter Eye Balls
Hot Tamales
Mike and Ike
Skittles
Neslte Chocolate Bars
And on the way out, we received full sized bags of Hersheys Kissables. I was very pleased with the variety of candy-something for everyone!
We stayed at the Contemporary, so when we headed out of the park (after going through the turnstiles) we went to the right to catch the monorail. This is where we received the Kissables. While riding the monorail back, I was looking out the window and did not see a station on the left side of the gates past the turnstiles where they were handing them out-just fyi, although it was midnight and I could have missed it.
Also, the trick-or-treat stations are all marked on the map, however there is one hidden inside space mountain...so if you are riding that, you will receive some treats there as well! I hope this info helps someone! :):mickey:

JPL
10-06-2007, 07:54 PM
:tasty: :eat: :tasty:

:figment::mjump::figment::goofy:

Tink65
10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
We were also there that night. Where in Space Mountain was the candy? We missed that one.
:( Not that it would have mattered. My bag was full.:blush: I gave all my candy except lemon heads, mary janes, jolly ranchers to the kids that were with us.
Did you happen to see the couple that appeared to be dressed like a couple from the Haunted Mansion. They were on the monorail with us. They looked awsome.:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
10-06-2007, 08:34 PM
hmmm i missed the one in space moutain too.

garthbarth1
10-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I dont know where it was exactly...I think it was when you were getting on the ride? I did not actually go but I had a friend who went on 9/21 and said it was given out while you were getting on the ride. I did, however see the station. We were riding the TTA and the first time we went through I saw them passing it out and was like "that the station my friend Mandy told me about." It was in the line when you were getting ready to board the cars. Then we stayed on the TTA twice more bc we were tired...the second time we went through the ride was down....the third time we went through it was back and running again. Maybe it was there only part of the time.Can anyone from the 9/21 party confirm this? And YES I did see the couple dressed like HM-they were victorian like ghosts, correct? There were standing behind us in a photo pass line. We commented to them how much we enjoyed their costumes...I now wish I would have taken a picture!

chrisb26
10-07-2007, 12:26 PM
wow thanks for the list looks like most of my favorites are there! The one candy that is missing recees :( Which is my favorite but I can live with snickers :D

dixielandings
10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
DH and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time this week. Do we need to take a trick-or-treat bag?! I didn't know there was candy EVERYWHERE!!

garthbarth1
10-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Yep, we did not receive any Reeses, and I did not see any in the huge barrels of candy. They give you Trick Or Treat bags when you come in the park....if you fill them up you can always get another! I saw a pile of them inside a shelf on one of the barrels. Have a great time!

Tick-Tock
10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Look for the treat bags as you're about to pass under the RR as you enter. If you forget, they have a few at every treat station.

We did get at least one Reese's.

CandleontheWater
10-08-2007, 09:49 PM
We'll be there next week, I'm so excited. Thanks for the candy update, it looks like DH and I are going to stuff ourselves silly!

Natazu
10-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Thank you for taking the time to post that great list. It's just that type of thing that makes INTERCOT such a great community... well, that and possum jokes.

WDWfanatic742
10-09-2007, 10:34 AM
My brother and I will be piging out on these throughout the trip. Thanks for the list :thumbsup:

garthbarth1
10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
You are all very welcome...it was actually fun to post the list! Kind of like when you come home from trick-or-treating on Halloween night and start sorting through your candy...:cloud9:

Catwillow
10-10-2007, 12:09 AM
OOOOOOOOOOHH.....I am soooooo excited. I just can't wait to see it all and be a part. We are going to be there in 15 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to the party on the 30th!!! :thumbsup:

DNS
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow! You did way better than we did. We went to every stop, but our bags were less than half full when we left. We got a good variety though. When we were checking out what all was there when we went back to the resort, some kind of candy had melted in all our bags and we ended up having to throw some out. We were there 10/4.

big blue and hairy
10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
... well, that and possum jokes.:scratch:

:sulley:

garthbarth1
10-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow! You did way better than we did. We went to every stop, but our bags were less than half full when we left. We got a good variety though. When we were checking out what all was there when we went back to the resort, some kind of candy had melted in all our bags and we ended up having to throw some out. We were there 10/4.

Well...I kind of forgot to mention that we went through the trick-or-treat trail twice:blush:
And some of the other stations twice:blush::blush: I am a Halloween fanatic, and it has been my dream since being to old to trick-or-treat to get to do it again so i thought -why not!! We had seen most of what we wanted to at the party, we had some extra time to spare....so....back we went! My husband was horribly embarrassed, but was a good sport! It was a dream come true for me to get to trick-or-treat again!!:cloud9:

becky11
10-11-2007, 01:02 PM
My, my fiance and my DD went on 10/5 and got very wet! :( However, the candy givers were more than generous. When we went through the last one, I got handfuls and handfuls to fill one bag*, and got more handfuls and handfuls to half-way fill another bag. I could almost use this candy to hand out on Halloween myself! :D Don't know how I'll get through it all.

DNS
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
My husband was horribly embarrassed, but was a good sport! It was a dream come true for me to get to trick-or-treat again!!:cloud9:
:funny: Same here. My hubby kept saying, "Do you know how much candy we could buy for what we have in these tickets?" because I kept wanting to spend time trick or treating.

mudpuppysmom
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
When we went last year.....we were a party of eight and let me tell you......not one of the kids with us (four of them) needed to go TRT'ing at home!!! We had SO MUCH candy it was unbelievable!!

Just what parents want to hear.....Disney sugars them up and sends them out the door......you gotta love it!