PDA

View Full Version : Best Group Dinners?

Tigger&Stitch
10-06-2007, 06:10 PM
We are planning a Magical Gathering next year, and want to sort out some places to eat for the group before reservation time is upon us.

I know that there are special meals available at particular restaurants, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with large groups at some of our fav restaurants?

We'll have around 15-20 people.

Our fav restaurants:

Rose & Crown
50's Prime Time
Le Cellier

We've also suggested Port Orleans Riverside to the group as a place to stay. Are there good restaurants there for a group?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

goofynmd
10-07-2007, 04:09 PM
We had 9 people and our favorite meal was at Ohana. The food and entertainement are good and the meal is served family style so it works well with large groups.

KarenP
10-07-2007, 04:37 PM
We had a large group at Spoodles. The food and service were very good.

Tinkerbellfan
10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Hello-

I agree O'Hana's is a great restaurant for a group dinner.

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2007, 09:57 AM
1) Going to be tough at the eateries you listed.
2) These are pretty popular.
3) Thus, getting that many seats at the exact time could be difficult.
4) If you do, you will probably be spread all over the restaurant.
5) Takes a lot to have that many open seats near each other.

May524
10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
We had 11 in our group this June and the FAV restaurant by far was O'hanas! EVERYONE loved it! We had a group of 8 adults and 3 children.

Another one that received high ratings was Biergarten...however, only 9 out of the 11 went to that dinner.

ThanxForNoticin
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
We have done a couple trips with a large family group of around 20. With planning, we had the entire family together at one big table at the following places:

Boma
'OHana
Portobella Yacht Club

We also had dinner at the old Teppanyaki Restaurant, with 10 of us at two grills next to each other. I don't know how the new Japanese restaurant is laid out, though.

Most Disney restaurants will tell you that you have to break up the party. It is also possible that a Magical Gathering host might be able to help you with some inside connections at a restaurant, so you should check with them.

BugeyedMuggy
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Biergarten (Germany) . The entertainment & table placement make it ideal for large groups to have alot of fun.

mudpuppysmom
10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I say Biergarten (too). You guys might not all get to sit at tables beside each other, but you will more than likely have two or three tables (I think they seat 8 if I remember correctly). If you don't get to sit at adjoining tables you can all watch the show and participate together anyway.

It's a fun place and the food is good too!

Luv Eeyore
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
We had a group of 11 and were never split up. Our best experiences were at Biergarten, Cape May Cafe (the clam bake dinner) and 50's Prime Time Cafe. The last was probably the best experience we had because we had such a great server. I've also seen large groups have a lot of fun at Whispering Canyon.

wendy*darling
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I've have planned groups of 35 on our scout trips. We dined very successfully at:
'Ohana
Whispering Canyon
Chef Mickey
Hoop Dee Doo

I have dined with smaller groups of about 15 or so at:
Biergarten
Liberty Tree Tavern
Cape May Cafe

Sometimes we are seated at the same table, but most often we are split up, but near each other.

I think the buffets work best. Everyone can find something they like and they can all eat at their own pace.