PDA

View Full Version : Soap Stars Weekend

centralohio disneyfan
10-06-2007, 11:21 AM
We will be going to The Studios for the Soap Stars Weekend and have a couple of questions. Realistically, how many autographs can you get? How do they disperse the fast passes for the soap stars? Are the lines long? I know the park opens at 8am each morning and have read that some people get there extremely early for the event. What time do you have to get there in order to be sure to get autographs?

TheRustyScupper
10-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Realistically, how many autographs can you get?
. . . lucky is 3-4
. . . realistic is 1-2
. . . less popular stars can mean more

How do they disperse the fast passes for the soap stars?
. . . you need a FastPass for each star

Are the lines long?
. . . very, very

What time do you have to get there in order to be sure to get autographs?
. . . people line up more than 1-hr ahead of time
. . . WDW let's 100 people in at a time
. . . it is a mad run to FastPass and lines
. . . people on ECV's almost run over other people

NOTE: This is a really crazy event. A good time for non-fans to visit other parks.

cal5755
10-06-2007, 05:04 PM
My mom and i will be there to see the soap stars on the 10th... maybe the 11th. I really want to get Susan Lucci's autograph so we will get there as early as the buses will take us.

I will be on the look out for ecv's now lol. If it gets too crazy for us though we will just go enjoy another park. It has been my dream to go soap star weekend so I am hoping to get 2 or 3 autographs at least. Of course pictures of them in the parades will be awesome enough!!

What I do know is ...

*Fastpasses for AMC will be distributed at LIGHTS MOTOR ACTION EXTREME STUNT SHOW

*Fastpasses for OLTO will be distributed at STAR TOURS

*Fastpasses for GH will be distributed at INDIANA JONES STUNT SPECTACULAR

You have to get a fastpass for each actor you want an autograph for. We are going to start with AMC of course. I have yet to find a list of definate actors for 2007.

I am sure it is going to be crazy and I am actually a bit nervous about running into looney type crazed fans lol but we think it will be fun anyway. I have been watching ABC soaps since I was a toddler lol and we wont discuss how long mom has been watching them! All I can say is thank goodness for the soap channel!

I hope you are as excited about the event as we are.. have a magical trip!!

JerseyMouse
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
If you're arriving on Friday, you may want to make a dinner reservation at Nine Dragons. Apparently, several celebs ate there last year.

EJS-Houston
10-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm going to be there with friends through that Saturday of the Super Soap Weekend. Can any one tell me how much more crowded the parks are for SSW than they typically are at this time of year? :mickey:

Thanks, Jerry! The advice is much appreciated!

Eric

JerseyMouse
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Alot more crowded. That said, if you are doing MGM without the SSW stuff, you should be fine.

Figgyluv03
10-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Is this just one weekend they do this and it is it the same weekend every year? DBf and I are going next year and we aren't into soaps, so that is one event I would like to avoid.

EJS-Houston
10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
FiggyLuv...yes, it is an annual event and it's always held the second weekend in November.

EJS-Houston
10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
For any of you Soap fans who're planning to be there that weekend, here's the full line-up per the MGMStudios website:

2007 Super Soap Weekend Information:

What's Being Planned: 12th Annual ABC Super Soap Weekend
When: November 10 - 11, 2007
Super Soap Weekend Hotline: (407) 397-6808

Stars that will be Attending:

Kristen Alderson (Starr, OLTL)
Kathy Brier (Marcie)
Brandon Buddy* (Cole)
Kamar De Los Reyes (Antonio, OLTL)
Kassie DePaiva (Blair, OLTL)
Michael Easton (John McBain, OLTL)
John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex, OLTL)
Forbes March (Nash, OLTL)
Erika Slezak (Viki, OLTL)
Trevor St. John (Todd, OLTL)
Tika Sumpter (Layla-OLTL)
Bree Williamson (Jessica)

Bradford Anderson (Spinelli, GH)
Julie Marie Berman (Lulu, GH)
Tyler Christopher (Nikolas, GH)
Josh Duhon (Logan)
Sonya Eddy* (Epiphany)
Rebecca Herbst (Liz, GH)
Kent King (Lainey, GH)
Kimberly McCullough (Robin, GH)
Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH)
Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH)
Laura Wright (Carly, GH)

Nazanin Boniadi* (Leyla, GH: Night Shift)
Dominic Rains* (Leo, GH: Night Shift)
Kent King (Lainey, GH: Night Shift)

David Canary (Adam/Stuart)
Bobbie Eakes (Krystal, AMC)
Melissa Claire Egan (Annie Lavery, AMC)
Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater, AMC)
Susan Lucci (Erica, AMC)
Michael E. Knight (Tad)
Cameron Mathison (Ryan, AMC)
Alicia Minshew (Kendall Slater, AMC)
Aiden Turner (Aidan)
Jacob Young (J.R.)

Host
Bob Guiney

Confirmed NOT attending in 2007
Steve Burton (Jason, GH)
Christina Chambers (Marty, OLTL)
Catherine Hickland (Lindsay, OLTL)
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH)
Greg Vaughan (Lucky, GH)

DisneyFan1979
10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to add, be sure not to miss the talk show event - that was my favorite part of SSW. It's worth waiting in line early for.

We actually never got any autographs and still had a wonderful time.

The actors often go out in the Boardwalk area after the days events, that's a great opportunity to get more "star sightings" :mickey:

We were lucky enough to stay at the same hotel (AKL) as the stars the year I attended and it was fun to see them walking around in the lobby or hanging out at the bar. They are much more like "regular people" than other actors/actresses.

EJS-Houston
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the tip DisneyFan! I've not been to this event before. Do you (or does anyone reading this) know when the motorcade parade happens...and for that matter when the talk shows take place? None of the websites tell you. We're not planning on waiting in any autograph lines either...I'd be happy to just get some good photos from the motorcade parade and the talk shows.