PDA

View Full Version : Pixie dust please!!! - Updated 10/7/07

tinkerbellybutton
10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm on my way to the hospital, I just got a call that my Grampie is having a stroke and I wanted to request some pixie dust before I head out the door. I know he's 86 and has had a great long life but since my brother, sister and father all passed away, all I have left is my mom and grampie so I'd like to be selfish and keep him just a little bit longer. If you could send some pixie dust his way I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys, I'll let you know how he is when I get home.

Updated 10/7

Thanks for all of the well wishes for my Grampie. He seems to be doing really well. It turns out it wasn't a full blown stroke, it was something called a TIA. There seems to be no permanent damage but the doctor said that this was a sign of things to come. The TIA was kind of like a big neon sign saying "You're going to have a stroke" It's actually a good thing, thanks to this warning they are doing all kinds of tests and are going to figure out what course of treatment to take in order to prevent a more serious episode, they've put him on medicine already but I guess there are other options as well. He was very lucky, he lives alone and just happened to have company that noticed his symptoms. I don't know when and if he'll be going back home alone but I'm just very grateful that things are going well. Thanks again for all of your pixie dust and prayers, you guys are powerful ;) and you'll never know how much it means to us! I'll let you know if anything new comes up.

Deesdisney
10-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie: and prayers from my family.

HndrdPrcnt
10-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Prayers are being raised up here in CA for you and Grampie. It is so hard to lose a loved one and it sounds like you have lost a few.

God Bless!

Strmchsr
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Lots of :pixie: and prayers for you!

DVC2004
10-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Prayers and pixie dust on thier way Traci! Please let us know how he is doing when you can.

ElenitaB
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Prayers and :pixie: heading out to you! Hope your grandfather is doing well.

kakn7294
10-06-2007, 03:29 PM
:pixie: for you, your grandfather, and your entire family. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Auntie
10-06-2007, 04:14 PM
My thoughts and prayes for your grampie and family.

kim1st
10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Per your request...

:pixie:

And some of this as well...

:grouphug:

:fingers:

:angel:

:hug:

Hope everything works out for the best - you're in our thoughts and prayers.

mtown71
10-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Gosh, so sorry to hear about this! Many prayers & pixie dust heading your way! Please keep us updated on your grampie!!!!

vizsla
10-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Prayers and :pixie: headed your way.

disneydeb
10-06-2007, 07:30 PM
:hug: & :pixie: sent your way! We care.

Dsnygirl
10-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Traci, I sure hope things are going well for your Grampie... sending more :pixie::pixie::pixie: his way and I'll keep him in my prayers! Let us know how he's doing....

mrsgaribaldi
10-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Traci I'm so sorry.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way and I will keep him and all of you in my prayers.

kakn7294
10-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm glad to hear he fared well and it was a TIA rather than a full-blown stroke. Hopefully when the docs figure out what caused it, they will be able to come up with a course of treatment that will keep him healthy for years to come. Continued :pixie: to you!

mrsgaribaldi
10-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Great news Traci:mickey:
Thanks for the update.

Dsnygirl
10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
:) Traci, I'm glad to hear he is doing well, and that they caught things in time to prevent something worse!! That's great news. I'll keep sending the :pixie::pixie: his way - makes me feel like I'm helping in one of my favorite little corners of the world! Keep us posted! :)

MsMin
10-07-2007, 09:48 PM
So sorry I missed this post earlier. I'm glad it wasn't major. My gm had many TIA's and never had a full blown stroke but she did eventually suffer from dementia after 10 years of TIA's. Of course everyone is different. :pixie: that you have some special years ahead!
:angel: adding him to my prayers that they can manage his TIA's and health.

The Bookseller
10-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Just in case, here's some :pixie: for a safe closure.