PDA

View Full Version : POR Airline Check-in

DONROCK
10-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Does POR offer the Airline Check-In service? If yes...can you tell me how this service works and how long the waits are on resort check-out day? We are checking out on a Monday morning.

TheDuckRocks
10-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Yes, POR does offer the airline check-in service. I don't know how long it takes as we haven't used it yet.

tinkerbellybutton
10-07-2007, 07:56 AM
When we were there last summer there was a desk in the lobby where you checked in for you airline. You bring down your luggage (or have it brought down) , tickets, ID etc. We had absolutely no wait but I'm sure it depends on how many people are checking out on the same morning and what times their flights are. I absolutely love the airline check in at the hotel, it saves so much hassle.

Piglet822
10-07-2007, 11:37 AM
The RAC (Resort Airline Checkin) desk at POR is located to the right as you enter the registration area of the resort.
The airlines participating in this service are Alaska, Continental, American, JetBlue, United/Ted, Delta, Northwest, and Air Tran.
The operating hours are 5 AM to 1 PM. You can check in up to 12 hours, but not less than 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure. Everyone over 18 must show photo ID.
Even if your airline offers the service there is still no guarantee you can use the remote check in. If the computers are down, if your luggage is overweight, if it's less than 3 hours prior to your flight departure, or if you are chosen for a random check in at the airport, you will not be able to check in. These incidents happen infrequently but are some of the situations I have come across as a DME driver.
Depending on how many people and how much luggage, and the speed of the computers really depends on how long it takes to check in. It is not recommended that you wait until the last minute to do this. I have had to leave people behind because they were still waiting to complete their check in process and we can only wait so long.

Edited to add: I just found this in a post by CleveRocks in another forum:

It used to be that the minimum amount of time you could use this service before your flight was 3 hours, but as of 10/15/07 it will increase to 4 hours