PDA

View Full Version : Getting the most out of MNSSHP & MVMCP

Jeri Lynn
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Hello!
I just got back from WDW and we went to the MNSSHP, this was our third time. I am still having a hard time manuevering around, it seems that if we start off in Frontierland/Liberty Square area, once we see the headless horseman, the parade is just right around the corner and then you are waiting to see the fireworks...out of three parties we have never made it to really do any rides other than the Haunted Mansion...

Now I will be going to the MVMCP in November and I want to make the most use of our time in the park...

Please give me any advice and suggestions. We have been to WDW numerous times so if we miss a ride during the night of the party it's not a big deal, yet I don't want to feel as if I am paying only to see the parade and fireworks...I want to be more time efficient!!

Any suggestions?

laward32
10-06-2007, 10:13 AM
I've only been to MVMCP once. This is what we did. We skipped the first parade and a few rides (POTC walked right on and then turned around and did it again, then went to tomorrowland and I rode SM while my kids and husband rode the cars then watched the fireworks. Then rode a few more rides in fantasyland then went a got a funnel cake and waited for the second parade. Then watched the show at the castle and then left. We didn't see any characters. But I think we got alot out of it and we had a blast.
We are going in 20 days and are doing the MNSSHP. Hopefully we can get more out of it.:mickey:

me...
10-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Always make sure you get into the park at 4pm (which is when they start letting party guests in) Then start going for the big rides you can't miss and go from there. Skip the first parade and see the 2nd one since there are always less people. Check and see what is going on that night as far as things you want to see ie stage shows and characters and work everything around that if rides really aren't a big deal to you.

Alot can be done it's just figuring out what you want done and getting there at 4 if it is possible. Because party night are usually slow since people don't want to waste a park day going to a ark that closes at 7pm.

Hope that helps and enjoy MVMCP!

-Christie

merlinmagic4
10-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I will be interested to read the tips in this thread because we are attending MVMCP on 11/12.

What time did you arrive in the park, Jeri? We are planning on arriving at 4pm but we'll never make it to midnight with 3 kids.

I definitely want to do rides since that night will be our only time in MK.

Strmchsr
10-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Here's what we do to get the most out of the parties.

1.) Definitely get there by 4 and start doing rides at that point.

2.) Once the party officially gets underway, we stop worrying about rides and, instead, focus on the shows, parade, fireworks, and special things that you can't do outside of the party. After all, you can ride the rides anytime. The purpose of the extra ticket is to see the special stuff. The rides are always the same, and only slightly less crowded than during the normal times.

cal5755
10-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I will be interested to read the tips in this thread because we are attending MVMCP on 11/12.

What time did you arrive in the park, Jeri? We are planning on arriving at 4pm but we'll never make it to midnight with 3 kids.

I definitely want to do rides since that night will be our only time in MK.

I agree.. I am very interested in the tips... my mom and I will also be there 11/12 and this is our first mvmcp so we are so excited.

OH and KELLY - where in MA are you from?? I grew up in Natick.

Jeri Lynn
10-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Kelly,
For the Halloween party we arrived in the park for about 4:30pm and had dinner reservations at Tony's for 5:40pm. Since we only had a little over an hour open our arrival to the park we took trip around the Kingdom on the Railroad and then browsed in some of the stores until our dinner reservations.

For the Christmas party we have dinner reservations at the Whispering Canyon at 5pm.

kim1st
10-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for this thread - helps me a lot with planning for our potential MNSSHP trip next fall.

How far in advance (and where) can you generally get the schedule of events?