PDA

View Full Version : So has anyone run the marathon? Some great characters available there!

Greenlawler
10-06-2007, 12:51 AM
I am not sure how many of you have done the marathon or the half, but I have heard from many that there are some great characters out for it. I am not sure if they will sign probably not since most people running do not run with markers and paper (we will though).

In my research on the marathon, I saw pictures of these great not everyday characters:
Launchpad
Darkwing
7 dwarfs individulay
Scrouge
Bo Peep
Hades
The Janitors form Monsters Inc (not sure what their names are I thnk one is George)
Some Star Wars characters
Maleficent
Cruella

Any info would be great.

Maleficent's Dad
10-06-2007, 06:48 AM
We ran it a few years ago.
Some characters are accessible, some are not. We did see people stop to take pics, but never saw or thought about autographs.

You list several characters who we did not see. Maleficent was definitely NOT there. Perla & Suzy were at the castle (but not accessible as they were waving from up high).

Mickey, Minnie, & Donald were at the start, but completely off limits to pics & autographs.

There were more CM's who were cheering us on than anything else. Still, very cool!

There were characters around, and while very cool, we didn't stop for them, so I don't recall all that we saw.

Greenlawler
10-07-2007, 12:34 AM
The characters listed were taken from a compilation of pictures taken by runners from last years event. We will probably sto for many as that is our main motivation.