PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island

Hayden's Dad
10-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Do they continue to put the paintbrushes out all day or is it jsut in the morning? Can you keep the brushes or do you have to turn them into a CM? They would make great souveniers.

Disney1
10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
From what I understand they put the brushes out in the morning amd also another time during the day. The brushes have to be turned in to a CM inorder to receive your Disney treat! :mickey:

carley
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
paintbrush and treat?? can someone explain this to me pls

Jeff G
10-06-2007, 12:34 AM
paintbrush and treat?? can someone explain this to me pls

Each day cast memebers hide paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Isaland. If while exploring the island your lucky enough to find one of the brushes you can turn it over to a CM and receive a prize. Since we've never been fortunate enough to find a brush I'm not sure of the prize.

AwPhooey
10-06-2007, 08:39 AM
On my most recent trip, I went to TSI to try to find a brush. Sure enough, I rounded the corner to Aunt Polly's and there was a brush laying on the ground.

I returned it to a CM and received a pass for a free fastpass on either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. The pass was only good that day, so I chose not to use it because lines weren't very long. Instead, I kept it as a souvenir.

TheRustyScupper
10-06-2007, 09:04 AM
1) Paint brushes are put out each morning.
2) They are hidden in plain sight.
3) Find one and hand it to a CM for a FastPass to SM or BTM for the family.
4) The FastPass can be used anytime that day.

garthbarth1
10-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Can someone tell me a little bit more about TSI? We have tried to make it there the last two trips but always get side tracked. Would love to know more about it so we can make it a priority next trip! thanks!

thejens
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Tom Sawyer Island is great for little kids, a bit of a yawn for grownups. My little ones liked climbing around on the playground and exploring the cave. I took this opportunity to sit and relax in the shade. Aunt Polly's restaurant never seems to be open when I arrive. I remember wishing I had a cold drink to enjoy while the kids played. I am sure there are parts we never explored due to my impatience to get back to the REAL rides. It is a great lowkey place for kids to run around and get out of the lines and passive riding mode. Does anyone know what the chances are of finding a paint brush if we rushed right over? I'd like to go with my boys, but would hate to prime them up for finding the brush and be disappointed. Does anyone know how many brushes are planted?

pixiegoose
10-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure how many brushes they hide but I managed to find one (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/gulliblegoose/100_2329.jpg) at the end of the day. We went over to the island at about 6:30 and they were closing the island at 7:00, so I didn't think I'd find one. I just happened to look under this lean-to sort of thing and there one was! :mickey:

Von-Drake
10-08-2007, 07:29 AM
My wife found a paintbrush one time about 6 years ago and we got passes for 4 to go to the head of the line for wither Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Splash Mountain... we chose Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. A family favorite.

RBrooksC
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM
This area is nice for parent's with children. I finally went back to TSI for the first time since 1977 when my family went in September. My 19 mth old son, while not into it as much as an older child would have been, still was able to run around freely (sorta) and blow off the pent up energy that little boys have (or ADD to all the educators out there).

I forgot all about the paint brushes but that didn't really matter since the point was to explore the island and let my little boy be a little boy.

kim1st
10-08-2007, 08:34 AM
How much time does taking the boat over take up?

I know my kids would love it, and we skipped it on our last trip. Selfishly, I hate to lose a lot of time away from the other attractions, but my kids DID love the Honey I shrunk the Kids playspace at MGM, and the Boneyard at AK...

Momof2boys
10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
The raft ride over is maybe a minute or two - depending on how good the "driver" is.

We found a painbrush on our trip last year and received a FastPass good for any ride at MK that day, not just BTMRR or Splash.

Hubby and I usually sit & play checkers while the boys run & play in the fort. It's a good place to relax in the shade.

RBrooksC
10-08-2007, 11:22 AM
How much time does taking the boat over take up?

I know my kids would love it, and we skipped it on our last trip. Selfishly, I hate to lose a lot of time away from the other attractions, but my kids DID love the Honey I shrunk the Kids playspace at MGM, and the Boneyard at AK...

The boat trip doesn't take any time at all.

However, don't expect this to be a playground like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids or Boneyard. It is its own little world. While one can see the other areas while on TSI, for the most part it is like being in the Mark Twain novel.

The fort, gun nests with the air guns, the caves, including the escape tunnel, the robe bridge, the barrel bridge and all the trails to explore creates this world that children never see anymore and maybe never saw except in a Mark Twain book.

Hayden's Dad
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Has anyone just kept the brush itself as a souvenier or is that frowned upon?