PDA

View Full Version : Barnstormer

Hayden's Dad
10-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I know the height restirction for the Barnstormer is 35 in. My son is not that tall. If I held him could we still ride?

#1donaldfan
10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't think so. There's just too much liability with holding a child on a ride.

Strmchsr
10-05-2007, 05:48 PM
No. They are very strict about height requirements for safety reasons.

DisFan01
10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I doubt it also. They could be liable, and if anything happened, you could sue them.

cal5755
10-05-2007, 06:36 PM
They will not let you hold him. We tried when DD was 2 .. she rode it the first time this year.

It never hurts to ask but we were told absolutely not.

vamaggie
10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I believe they base the height restrictions on safety and the harnesses that hold you in. I would not try to get around it. When we went in 01 and DS was 4 I remember them measuring him like 3 times before we got on so I believe they really enforce the limits. Sorry :(

MinnieMommie
10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
The height requirements are for our safety. Its always better to be safe than sorry especially when we are dealing with children. :mickey:

kim1st
10-05-2007, 08:21 PM
The height requirements are for our safety. Its always better to be safe than sorry especially when we are dealing with children. :mickey:

Ditto...plus...I might sound like a whimp here, but Goofy's Barnstormer is FAST! It's short, but I thought it was a pretty feisty ride for young kids. (It's actually just my speed - I loved it! :blush:)

My 2 1/2 year old DD was tall enough to ride...and I talked it up the whole time to keep her calm, but when we were all done she looked at me and said "that was falling, mommy".

snerd475
10-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Not only are the height restrictions going to keep you off the ride, but the cars are rather small for adults, and having a child on your lap would be next to impossible, even if they did allow it. They are mighty uncomfortable, too!

baldburke
10-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Two words: platform shoes. Good luck!

Strmchsr
10-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Two words: platform shoes. Good luck!

We don't allow discussion on Intercot about trying to get around the system. However, FYI the CM's are trained to look for that kind of thing and they will ask the child to remove the shoes if they see parents trying to pull tricks like this.

Nate's Grandpa
10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I know the height restirction for the Barnstormer is 35 in. My son is not that tall. If I held him could we still ride?

Do you think this will be Hayden's last trip?

Hayden's Dad
10-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone, I would never jeopordize his safety for a silly ride, I just thought it would be fun. But even if he could ride Hayden cannot sit on his own so I would still have to hold him and it sounds like that would be uncomfortable.

Do you think this will be Hayden's last trip? More than likely. Although we got a really encouraging report from his doctor Monday and things have been extended about another six months so we may have another trip planned when we get back from this one :mickey:

cal5755
10-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Our family will be saying prayers Hayden will get another trip to Disney after this one! :pixie: He is lucky to have a daddy like you.... have a truly magical trip!!