PDA

View Full Version : Meals for the trip home

vamaggie
10-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Our return flight is scheduled for 5pm. I am thinking that we need to bring some food (more than snacks) for the kids (and us too maybe) for the flight home. WE will be on the DDP and am thinking we may have some CS and/or snack credits left over. I looked at Earl of Sandwich's menu. As much as I would love a sandwich from there I think the other flyers may be offended by my love of blue cheese! I also saw that their "ready to go" meals were $3.95. Does this mean we can use a snack credit for one of them? Where would you use your credits for food for the flight home? Thanks!

murphy1
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I believe Earl is going to be CS credit for the meal, unless you get just a cookie or drink on snack credit. I think it's a great choice. I also love to get something to go at Main Street Bakery, they have great to go items, but of course only if you'll be at MK at that time, they have wonderful sandwiches and desserts.

luvdiznee
10-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I would definitely go with Earl of Sandwich, they have a lot of sandwiches to choose from. :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
10-05-2007, 07:08 PM
IMO I would probably use the extra CS credits for a good breakfast and grab something hot and fresh at the airport to take on the plane. I guess unless you bought something that was supposed to be served cold. One night we got takeout from DTD and just returned to our hotel and it was kinda gross from being cold. I don't know if the planes are equipped with someplace to heat something up (that would be ideal), but it is something to think about if you still plan to order something there.

MinnieMommie
10-05-2007, 10:20 PM
We always bring a nice dinner on the plane for the ride home. Once the plane is in flight and we can undo the seat belt I love to unpack some good food and pass it around to my family. We have done Earl of Sandwich but usually let my family pick out what they want at the airport (and some of them prefer to eat then on the spot rather than waiting for the plane). I also like to bring desert from Disney for the plane. Main St Bakery is great and whenever possible I bring goodies from the bakery in France. :mickey:

vamaggie
10-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks for all the info. Guess we will have to explore our options on our last day.

ElenitaB
10-06-2007, 03:05 PM
We've done something very similar as you're planning, except we picked up our sandwiches, drinks and chips from the Boardwalk Bakery, using our last two CS credits. It's nice to have that last little taste of WDW on your way back to reality.

mousetrapper
10-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I had unused CS credits on our last day of our last trip. I decided to buy meals from Casey's in MK. Of course, by the time we got to the airport, the fries were cold and hard and the hot dogs were shriveled up with mushy buns!

ick.

Casey's was just the most convenient place to get food as we were rushing out.

If that happens this time, I'll plan ahead a little better and get something that transports well!

btw, where is Earl of Sandwich? I can't recall where it's located.

Momof2boys
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Earl of Sandwich is at Downtown Disney.

January-2007
10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
We went to Earl of Sandwich with the hopes of getting a cold sandwich for the drive home but they didn't have any cold sandwiches. I thought I had read before that they offered some cold premade sandwiches, but they didn't. We looked in the cold case and there weren't sandwiches and I even asked the person you order from. In the end we just decided to get an early lunch there and eat it in the restaurant, bringing a cookie each with us that we ate at a rest stop the next day. I think one of the sandwiches would be good from the Main Street Bakery, I really liked the tomato and mozzerella with pesto, plus their desserts are great and they have bottled drinks. It was a great use of a CS credit. Also, at Pop Century, where we stayed in September, there were cut apples with caramel, fresh fruit bowls, and more cookies. Have a good time!

LandFan
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Pop Century's CS location has some very good cold sandwiches! We usually stock up there. THey had a great ham and brie and some others last time.

Only 43 days! Yeah!