PDA

View Full Version : Ever have a really long blond moment?

tinkerbellybutton
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
O.K. so this morning I blindly stumble out of bed, grumbling, smack the snooze button, crawl back into bed and pull my pillow over my head. I usually don't have trouble getting up in the morning so I should have taken the hint... I finally get up, go to wake Keith who also grumbles, "I'm tired" Everything seemed to work against me this morning, the shower in Keith's bathroom didn't want to work right, the toaster malfunctioned, I couldn't seem to find the shirt he wanted to wear even though I know I just washed it. Well, after many struggles we finally head out the door, backpack and school snack in hand. We drive down to the bus stop....
There's no one there. I wasn't too worried, Keith takes a different bus than the rest of the kids so I figured maybe I was just a little late and that the other bus had already come. I go to the managers office because I needed to get written approval to expand our driveway :rolleyes: and I ask him why there's no one at the bus stop. Teachers workshop. :blush: Well, all was not lost I guess, we used that opportunity to go to the store and buy some baby bottles and an adorable outfit for Zachary (the name Hailey has chosen for the baby) Just figured I'd share my dumb moment, maybe it will make you feel more intelligent for the rest of your day ;)

No Blondes were harmed in the writing of this post... Just so as not to offend, I am blonde, have been since birth so I am not trying to be rude with the blonde moment thing... I just love to use it as an excuse;)

Here we go again...
10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
I always have blonde moments. One of my favorite blonde moments was not my own though...

I was working one day with a friend that is a real blonde. We were outside waiting to unload the truck at Michaels and she says:

Listen, it smells like New Orleans. :confused::confused:
:funny: :funny: :funny:

thrillme
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I've had so many blond moments I can't even count.

Two of the latest...

My boyfriend and I carpool into work. One day he was talking aobut how he was getting close to the time to take his car in for maintenance. I leaned over and looked at the mileage then looked up and noticed the "reminder sticker" and said..."how do you figure...it looks like you just got your oil changed"...He looks at me really perplexed and said..."Uh...dear...we're in YOUR car...." (I drive an SUV he drives a truck). ACK...

Another time we were talking about the door handles on cars. How some are flat and some stick out...I looked at the door from the side mirror and said "Cool...Mine are flat"...then I dumbly continued to watch the traffic...Again...I get the "perplexed look" and he says..."uhhh...no dear...MINE are flat"...It couldn't stop there...I looked over at him totally amazed..."How do you KNOW that???" (both of us have new vehicals and neither of us are totally 100% on the little things)...the poor guy remains totally baffled as I continue to try to figure out how he would have know that...Sigh...once again he had to inform me of what vehical we were in...HIS that time

conorsmom2000
10-05-2007, 10:41 AM
:funny:

Half my life is just one long blonde moment!! :D (and yes, I am blonde too - not quite as blonde as I was at birth but I keep trying to get back to that color....)

My favorite was the time I didn't read the alarm clock correctly and thought Mike and I overslept! I woke him up in a panic and we were both half ready for work when he realized it was only 4:30 in the morning!!

Oops! :blush:

IloveJack
10-05-2007, 11:10 AM
My BFF and roomie in college was the star of my favorite blonde moment (although as many times as she's colored her hair, I'm not sure if that stigma applies).

I was lying in bed one night, up late reading. She had to get up early to work the next morning, so she'd already gone to sleep. I guess she was dreaming that she heard the alarm, because at 11:50 pm, she wakes up, slaps the alarm (which wasn't going off), and runs to the shower. I was baffled. When she came out of the restroom, with her catering duds on, I asked her what she was doing. She said, "I'm late for work!" I tried not to laugh, while saying, "Honey, look outside, it's pitch dark. Go back to bed!" :laughing:

DizNee143
10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
oh i have a good one to share..
so me and my fiance(Pete)..although he was my boyfriend at the time..
we were in the car going somewhere..and we were in my car and he was driving it...and we both smoked then..so he was done with his cigarette..and he let it out the window..but it looked like it came back in...so he says did that come back in..im like i dont know..hes like well why dont you check..so i turn around in my seat to look...and sure enough theres his cigarette..burning on my backside..so i turn around and tell him ya its back there..and then i take it upon myelf..to get my own cigarette and light it up and go on with my day.. like 30 seconds later or something he finally yells at me and is like well are you gonna get it or just let it burn the whole back seat...
it totally didnt dawn on me that i should get it before it burns a huge hole in my seat...i still think back and realize how stupid i was..lol:D

amd780
10-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I was so embarrassed after this one, I could barely even look at my coworker for the rest of the day...:blush:

I am a receptionist at a plumbing supply store, while training for sales. One side is the kitchen & bath showroom, where I work, and the other is the plumbing/heating/HVAC sales counter. Well, the receptionist on the other side paged me because she noticed the hold/do not disturb feature on my phone was activated--I guess I hit the button without knowing. I called her back and said, "Uh...I noticed my hold button is lit up too...I've never seen that before...how do I fix it?"

"Just push your hold button again!"

:funny: :doh: :funny:

Pipalotta
10-05-2007, 05:06 PM
My favorite blonde moments come when I cant remember how to spell easy words like "If"!

This isnt so much a blonde moment, but when I was 13 my mom had bought a new car and was donating her old one to some blind foundation. Well I asked what they did with the cars, and with her back to me she told me they taught the blind people how to drive. Now I knew this wasnt right but for the life of me couldnt figure out why my mom would lie to me about it so I just believed her. She still makes fun of me for it.

tinkerbellybutton
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
This isnt so much a blonde moment, but when I was 13 my mom had bought a new car and was donating her old one to some blind foundation. Well I asked what they did with the cars, and with her back to me she told me they taught the blind people how to drive. Now I knew this wasnt right but for the life of me couldnt figure out why my mom would lie to me about it so I just believed her. She still makes fun of me for it.

Oh, That's why they have braille on drive thru ATM's......

thrillme
10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Can I tell about the blond CM at Typhoon Lagoon who when asked what kind of sharks were in the snorkle tank she replied...

"The sharks in the tank are harmless. I believe they are the Tiger and the Hammerhead"...

A few of the people in front of me got out and left. :D

TheDuckRocks
10-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Ever have a really long blond moment?

Yes the past 64 years!!!:blush:

jillluvsdisney
10-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I set the alarm when I did not have to go to work the next day. Alarm goes off at 445am and I took me a few minutes to realize I was my day off. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princessjojo
10-13-2007, 07:39 PM
but when I was 13 my mom had bought a new car and was donating her old one to some blind foundation. Well I asked what they did with the cars, and with her back to me she told me they taught the blind people how to drive.
I kinda did the same thing but with those traffic lights that have a strobe in them when they turn red. I aksed my dad one day why did they flash like that? and his reply was so the blind could see the light. I just listened and replied oh! Now whenever my sister is traveling and she sees one, she always calls me and lets me know she found another blind stoplight.

Another time, I was at a fast food drive thru and had ordered a manderin chicken salad for the person in the car with me. Then I got to the window, looked to the cashier and asked, "does that come with chicken, if not can you add some for me please." Everyone looked at me like I had just lost my mind and couldn't believe I had really asked that.:scratch: :doh:

Belle619
10-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I had one of those moments last week. I too couldn't get up one morning - and I'm usually a morning person. I forced myself out of bed to find the coffee hadn't started yet. So, I turned it on and went to watch the local news. That too hadn't started yet and I sat there, confused and changing the channels trying to find a news broadcast. Then I realized...I had read the clock wrong. It wasn't 5:45 am, it was 3:45am! :blush:

BriarRose0708
10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I had a really good Jessica Simpson moment at a restaurant about a month ago.

We got our bill and I paid with my credit card. When the slip came to sign it the server supplied the pen. Well, I started to click the end of it and there was no button. Ok, maybe it's one of those twisty ones. So I twisted and twisted but all that did was unscrew the ink thing. I tried finding a clicky again and no luck. I could not for the life of me figure out how to use this pen! My friend saw my issue, took one look at it and said "for heaven's sake Nikki!" grabbed it, pulled the cap off and handed the pen to me. :blush:

Savvy
10-18-2007, 08:08 PM
*snortgigglelaugh*

Where do I even begin?

Weeeeeeell, there was this one time in particular where I kept looking for my earing all morning. I mean like I was searching for hours for it, yet I couldn't find it. So, I stomp down the stairs, to my confused Dad, and am like, "Have you seen my earing??" And I proceed to explain what it looked like. He said he hadnt seen it, but offered to help me look. So we looked and looked and looked. Then, finally we both got tired and plopped down on the couch. We sat there for like five minutes, then he's said, "Brittany I found your earing.

"Where???"

"In your ear..."

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

I think I blushed so bright a new sun was created.

NJBelle
10-19-2007, 12:52 PM
hehe! Well, here is a blonde moment of a red-head:

I thought that today was Saturday. So last night, I'm preparing for bed like it's Friday night. I'm moving really slowly. And then I plop onto the floor to do my nails. After they were done drying, I though, "I should really read a book." So I took out a really exciting book. (you can probably guess what's going to happen next) Being a book worm, I get stuck reading. After a while I look at the clock and see that it's 11:30. I though, "Oh gee, I'm not tired." So I start writting in my diary. Now it's quarter to twelve. I decided that it's time to go to bed. And then I can sleep in because Saturday mornings are bliss. Therefore, I didn't turn on my alarm. I wake up this morning to my sister saying, "Emily wake up! You missed breakfast! Don't you know how late it is>?" In my mind it's Saturday morning, so I roll over and say, "Noelle! Don't wake me up! Can't a girl sleep in!?" She says, "Well, Mom says your well enough to do some school work." I'm thinking, "School work on a Saturday morning?" Then it finnally dawned upon me. Today is Friday. And so I did my school work and now am extreemely tired and lying on the couch wishing that it really was Saturday. :blush: