PDA

View Full Version : Counter services are huge!

TBY2225
10-05-2007, 09:15 AM
The portions at CS locations are huge! What worked for DH and I was to share a CS for lunch and to use the other CS the following morning so the kids would have a hot breakfast. My husband is pooh sized and he always had enough to eat even while sharing with me. We would use our credit to get an adult breakfast platter for DS and DD to share, and DH and I would have bagels or fruit and occasionally we would have a croissant or some of the kid’s platter. This helped us a lot because my kids are big breakfast eaters and it would have cost us to have to buy them breakfast each morning. Sharing is allowed and we were able to work it out for what was best for our family. The TS credits are broken out by adult and child and we did receive separate checks for each one. The CS and SC are still all pooled together so it is up to you – and your own conscience – as to how you use them.

The total cost if we had paid OOP for our counter service meals. $209.11

tink2006
10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
The portions at CS locations are huge!

I agree. My DH and I would share the CS meals. Our DS14 (a growing teenage boy!) would get his own CS meal. The food was just too much! If we did not share, we would have been miserable :sick:

apequet
10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Will they let you share at table service meals too, like at Sci-fi?

Jared
10-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Which restaurants did you choose? My family, all small people who do not eat much, has never thought the portions were too large.

Without the Disney Dining Plan, we would never order dessert or drinks other than water. The entrees alone have always been perfect for us, especially because we usually skip breakfast.

To the above poster, I believe you can share credits at the table service restaurants. You pay for the credits in advance and decide how to use them. If one member in your family doesn't want to eat, he can pick at everybody else's meals. There will be more than enough food.

Kairi_7378
10-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I found that to be the case with CS meals this time around, too. DH and I shared CS meals at Flame Tree, Pecos Bill, and ABC Commissary. We were going to split the portion at Tangerine Cafe but we really had to start using our meal credits. We had a hard time using up those CS credits even after skipping breakfast and using our TS meals for Signature Dining.

LibertyTreeGal
10-06-2007, 07:08 PM
We do the same thing, we use 2 adult CS's for lunch for the 4 of us and use their child CS's for breakfast for them ( we are not big breakfast eaters ourselves so waiting for lunch to eat is good for us). At some places we will do a child CS for lunch and use the snack credits at the resort CS to buy them something for breakfast, but we never have to buy anything OOP.