PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Rays review

TBY2225
10-05-2007, 08:55 AM
We ate at Cosmic Rays on Monday 9-24 about 11:00am. We were on the dining plan.
No crowds since we went so early. We went to the sandwich station and got 2 turkey bacon wraps one with pasta salad and one with fries, chocolate and carrot cake, and a kid’s meal on chicken nuggets, fries, and pudding. The turkey wraps were huge but really good. Lots of meat, bacon, lettuce and tomato. My DS22mos ate half of my wrap! The pasta salad was really good and we all ate it down quick! We liked the fixings station and we got mushrooms and pickles to eat on the side. I was able to get an iced cappuccino as my drink. It was ok, but not as good as I had hoped. We liked the fact that many restaurants including this one had other options than just burgers and fries. I wish we had gotten 2 sides of the pasta! Total cost if OOP $ 26.93

Mickey'sGirl
10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Cosmic Rays is one of my favourite places in all of WDW! We always enjoy the food (thanks for the pasta salad tip!) and we all really enjoy Sonny Eclipse's Show. Thanks for the review.:thumbsup:

goofysbabe
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
This is one of my favorites!!!!! I just love the food here - lots of variety all in one spot. If you go at odd times - not to bad to navigate.

irish1967
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I really like the food at Cosmic Ray's but don't like the set up.

We always end up with people wanting items from different stations - so coordination can be a little difficult. I usually end up getting my second or third choice simply because I don't feel like standing in line again after I take care of the child that wants something from a different station.

But the food is always good so it definitely gets a :thumbsup: from me.

DessertDivaFL
10-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the review. Sounds like they have great pasta salad. I wonder if you can order that by itself?

spinnerf
10-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Ate at Cosmic Rays last week, had the grilled chicken sandwich, and with a little BBQ sauce it was real good. This place consistenly has good food!

#1donaldfan
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
We really like Cosmic Rays.....it's in a great location and a good variety of food.....thanks for your review....

amorillo
10-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Another fan of Cosmic Rays here... I love going just before they close at night....

GrmGrninGost
10-05-2007, 08:27 PM
I love Cosmic Rays! The food is good and what can you say about Sonny Eclipse? I would go there just to sit and enjoy his show! He is wonderful! :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
10-06-2007, 09:49 AM
DS and I went in May, and while the food was good, I had to go to two different lines.....one for the five year old and one for myself. This was in May and it took us nearly 35 minutes to get our food since we waited in two separate lines!!

I did enjoy the fixins bar and we sat outside and had a nice view of the castle! The birds were a bit forward, but we dealt with them.

If I could change one thing about the place it would be that you could get everything in one line!!

Jared
10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a good experience at one of everybody's favorite counter service restaurants.

Thanks for posting!

:tasty:

Deesdisney
10-06-2007, 11:33 AM
We always go here at least once a trip. But I have always got the burger not knowing how the other food was. But this next trip I will be having a wrap and pasta salad. Thank you for this info.

KarenP
10-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I have always liked Cosmic Ray's. Sounds like I have to try the pasta salad.

SgtTigger
10-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Cosmic Ray's is a must stop for us on every trip......

Thanks for the report.......

:cop: :tigger:

kim1st
10-06-2007, 05:46 PM
We loved this place too...we ate here on the first night of our vacation, while everyone else in the park was at the parade.

The only thing I didn't like was the way the food was split up...it means everyone in your party has to either eat from the same line, your party has to "divide & conquer" or you have to wait in line twice.

This and Columbia House were my favorite counter service restaurants of the trip.

pokci
10-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Has anyone ever eaten at Cosmic Rays and then stayed for the Christmas Party? We have lunch table service and I'm thinking about where to have dinner that night. The party starts at 7 pm and I'd like to be next to Galaxy theatre for the earlier shows.

Thanks,
7 weeks!

SgtTigger
10-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Has anyone ever eaten at Cosmic Rays and then stayed for the Christmas Party?

We did this but remember you can go into the park at 4pm.......
Get to the show early it fills up fast......

:cop: :tigger:

LudwigVonDrake
10-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I got a good hamburger from Cosmic Ray''s in July. It was too crowded for us to sit down in the lower level to listen to Sonny Eclipse :(

mickey-mouse35
10-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the review! :thanks: A few questions:
* What kinds of dressing/sauce was on the turkey bacon wrap--ranch, plain, etc.?
* What was in the pasta salad--any veggies, and what kind of dressing?
* And just to refresh my memory, Cosmic Ray's is in Tomorrowland, correct? :blush:

THANKS! Only 20 more days!

Magic Smiles
10-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I really like Cosmic Ray's food and I always have them make me a special order as I do not eat any condiments on my sandwiches. Their pasta salad is also mayonnaise free! (At least I think that it was) Yes, I do like their food.

TBY2225
10-11-2007, 12:45 PM
The wrap did have a ranch type sauce on it. It was really good! The pasta was more of a italian dressing base and did have a few very small vegs, but mostly just pasta. Yes, it is in Tomorrowland!

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the pasta tip, I'm not a french fry fan so that's good to know. Sounds like a great lunch.

septembergirl
10-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I didn't really enjoy my meal at Ray's but the rest of my family did. I got the baked chicken plate with mashed potaoes and veggies. I felt confused about the different lines and it seemed to take a really long time for our party to find our way back to each other after ordering at different spots, visiting the condiment bar, etc. It was also really crowded when we were there which added to my stress. We did get to sit down there with Sonny and the kids liked that, too.

I kept wishing we were at Columbia Harbor House.

Flower
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I normally like Rays, especially their burgers and the fixin bar!

At the end of our trip I had enough of burgers and decided to get the chicken plate with mashed & veg's - what a disappointment compared to the last time I had it. The chicken was so dry, either as if it was over-cooked or had been sitting waiting to be served for quite some time.

As other posters said - with 2 little kids I felt limited to which line we could go to to get the food to the table the fastest and because of that opted to order from where my husband was ordering from so we did not have to stand in 2 lines.

I was also disappointed one night that later at night they only keep the burger bay open. It was less crowded I was looking forward to one of their sandwiches, and of course the sandwich bay was closed so I ended up with yet another Disney burger.

Tez
10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
The fixins bar ROCKS!

adamsfam5
10-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I would be okay if Sonny Eclipse's motor died before our next trip. I sat through too many of his shows on our last trip.

CosmicRay
10-19-2007, 10:41 PM
As you can see by my name I'm a fan! Cosmic Ray's is always a must! Love the food and the entertainment!:thumbsup: