PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century food court review

TBY2225
10-05-2007, 08:53 AM
We ate at Pop Century Food Court 6 out of 8 days September 23-September 30th 2007. We were on the dining plan. Most times it was between 7:30 and 8:30 am. This was definitely the busiest time to go. There were very long lines in each of the stations as well as the check out lines. Sometimes check out lines had as many as 15 people in each one! Seating was also an issue and more than once we had to walk around and search for someone leaving to have a seat. Even the outside seating was full! The drink stations were a joke as well. People pushing, shoving, not watching what they were doing and filling up anything and everything with drink (old mugs, paper cups, water bottles, etc.). Long lines to use microwaves, toasters, to get ice and such were the norm. It was also always a mess around the drink station, and lots of people would get up and leave their food and trays on the table and not throw their trash away. Another dining option or food court at Pop Century would greatly improve some of these problems. My kids love breakfast and they can’t wait to eat until we get to the parks so we had no choice but to eat at the resort. One morning I tried to go and get breakfast for everyone and bring it back to the room. This proved to be too much for one person to carry, so we had to eat in the food court the remainder of our trip. I dreaded it each morning! Overall, the food was ok. We usually got breakfast platters which was enough food for all of us to share. DH and I got mugs and we would get the kids juice which came with the platters. DD also got Mickey waffles a few times and we also shared a couple of sausage, egg, and cheese croissants. I did like the fact that with the adult platters you could get 2 drinks, so I was able to get juice for the kids to have later in the day. The only meal other than breakfast that we got was a chicken nugget, fries, and pudding meal for DD one night when DH and I got dinner to go somewhere else. Total cost if OOP $73.67