PDA

View Full Version : Flying from MA

Beckybalz
10-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Anyone flown from the Boston, MA area to DL? If so, what airport did you fly into and what airline did you use?

aprilisis
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi! I live in Worcester & flew in from Boston to LAX on Delta. My only advice- watch the stopover times. They gave us one 20-minute stopover & assured us it would be "fine"...We literally had to run across the airport in Ohio & made it to the gate as they were closing the door. A longer layover may make your trip longer, but it's better than almost missing your connecting flight! Our layover on the way home was about an hour & that was perfect for me. LAX was huge & the car rental company we used was off site a little. Driving in LA is a challenge if you have never driven there before. But I also think that you need a car if you plan to go anywhere besides DL. We ended up going to San Diego, La Jolla, Hollywood, Venice, and Valencia. I am a frequent traveler to WDW, but I loved DL, too! The Downtown Disney area there is great. I have to say that I was VERY pleased with the Grand Californian, too!
Have a great trip!

Mom on a Mission
10-08-2007, 07:11 AM
We are planning a trip in November out of CT. We're actually getting a ride to JFK in order to get a direct flight on Jet Blue. I think they fly out of Boston too, but it was a little less expensive out of JFK.

We're flying into Long Beach, which I understand is about a 20 minute cab to DLR, and avoids LAX completely. We are driving down to LEGOland and San Diego later in the week, but will pick up the rental at DL. I don't see any need for a car during our DLR stay.

All of that said, this is our first trip to So. Cal. So who knows how it will all work out. Hope this helps!:mickey:

raevnzno
10-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd recommend flying into Long Beach or Orange County/John Wayne if at all possible. They are smaller more convenient airports and closer to DL. LAX would be my last choice.
If you are planning on doing a rental car and visiting more of SoCal, San Diego would also be a viable option. The drive up to Anaheim isnt that bad.