PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP or MVMCP

kim1st
10-04-2007, 09:45 PM
If you had to choose...which would you choose?

:mpumpkin: or :santa3:?

When we were at WDW last we skipped MNSSHP, and I'm kind of regretting it (although, at the time, we really didn't want to keep the kids up that late).

I'm considering planning a fall 2008 trip. Has anyone out there done both parties? If so, which would you choose?

The kids will be 6 (well - turning 7 in November '08) and 4 (turning 5 in February '09).

baldburke
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
We've been to both. Both were fun, but suppose we are partial to MNSSHP. Of course the property is decorated beuatifully for Christmas and much more expansively for Christmas, but Halloween has a fun vibe. Plus, most every Disney movie has a little bit of scary to it so it is a perfect fit.

Pirate Granny
10-04-2007, 11:09 PM
We've been to both a couple of times...and my favorite is the MNSSHP...you can always see the Xmas parade and decorations from mid November through early January...but they really do Halloween well...and to be able to trick-or-treat is a bonus...I think you're kids would enjoy this more...
:pirate:

Imagineer1981
10-05-2007, 11:47 AM
MNSSHP by far is better, the parade, the atmosphere, its great

EmcDuckRN
10-05-2007, 12:54 PM
IMHO... MVMCP...

Didn't even have to think about it.

(1)The weather has been better

(2) The decorations are prettier, plus everything else is done up including the resorts. It helps to set the mood as you leave for your party.

(3) I like the version of Wishes better for MVMCP.

(4) I've just had more fun.

(5) I like the whole "feel" better

there is only one thing I live better about MNSSHP:

(1) that you can dress up too.

Can't comment on the parade, as mine was rained out. (but they were able to get the fireworks in... go figure)

Sweezy
10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
mvmcp hands down...

GrmGrninGost
10-05-2007, 08:20 PM
MNSSHP, no doubt in my mind! I love them both, but if I could only do one, it's Halloween! Disney really does a great job on this one! :mpumpkin:

Figaro-n-Cleo
10-05-2007, 08:36 PM
The MNSSHP parade was fantastic! The atmosphere was fun, spooky and just . . . well, neat. It was a party!

MVMCP was nice but didn't really feel like a party. In our opinion, it was just another December night in Magic Kingdom. We'll be skipping it when we go this Dec.

Tink#64
10-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow, I loved reading these comments, it sounds like both celebrations are awesome! We have never been to either. We are planning a late 2008 trip. DH really wants to go at Christmas, :santa3: but I'm thinking MNSSHP!:mpumpkin: October is as early as he can take vacation next year, & I don't think I can wait much longer than that for the next trip, so it works out perfectly!:thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
10-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Although on a personal level Christmas means more to me than Halloween, the MNSSHP was better than MVMCP. I thought MVMCP the time I went was kind of boring. On the other hand, MNSSHP was more fun - except for 2006 when it seemed to have changed significantly from previous years. I will admit that Christmas is prettier at WDW.

Greenlawler
10-06-2007, 01:04 AM
We loved both but like MNSSHP better. We have noticed they don't change it from year to year as often as they should.

animalkingdomguy
10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
We love the faux snow on main street. Also, Christmas time is a great time to visit WDW period.