PDA

View Full Version : Baby Girl's first visit to Disney World

mickey's buddy
10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
My Wife and I are so happy to be taking our little girl to Disney World. This is going to be her first time there! She is just turning one in October so she can't go on 'big kid' rides yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to take her or things we should see while we are there?
:wave:

mouseketeer mom
10-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I think just being one, she'll be happy just looking at all the pretty colors, sites and sounds around her. Its all joyful noise at Disney., esp. the MK. Bring her on Pooh, the Carousel, Dumbo, Its a small world even. Let her try a Mickey Ice cream bar..Everything is going to seem magical, seeing it thru your daughters eyes for the first time. Enjoy this special time!

mickey&missy
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
First, :welcome: to intercot!!

At her age the sites and sounds will probably be the most enjoyable thing! She'll probably really enjoy things like Dumbo etc. She may also enjoy meeting the characters. We took our older son on his first trip at 2 and have a ton of pictures of him like this :jaw: Your going to have a blast!!

Pirate Granny
10-04-2007, 11:01 PM
We just got back with our granddaughter who is 8 months...she loved every minute of it...all the rides (that she could go on)...especially It's a Small World...she loved the parade...
I agree with the comment above...she'll love the sights and sounds...it's so wonderful to see Disney through a child's (infants) eyes.
Have a wonderful time.
:pirate:

teamblackwell
10-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey,
We just got back from our Disneyland trip with our 11 month old boy. He smiled and laughed through POTC, Small World, the Carousel in FL, the Tiki Room, Buzz Lightyear. We got lots of pictures with Mickey, Goofy, Pooh Bear, DoleWhip all over his face in Tiki Room. Good Times. Use the baby care centers. Park strollers dont lean back, so we took our own, so he could sleep through lunch and before fireworks.

DisneyAndRedSox
10-05-2007, 07:46 AM
My DD went at 14 months and loved the Tikki Bird room. Still too young to get scared at the thunder but old enough to enjoy all the brids and colors.

Andy_2002
10-05-2007, 07:58 AM
My DD went at 9 months and loved every minute. There are very few rides they can't go on at this age, just sit them on you knee. She even wanted her own blaster on Buzz.

DisneyGrrrl
10-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi! You are going to have a blast!

We just got back from our trip with DD, who is a little over 10 months old. She goes on everything, with the exception of rides that have a height limit, which isn't very many. For example, this trip she went on Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Small World, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Winnie the Pooh ride, TTA, Laugh Floor Comedy Factory, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, etc. and that was only Magic Kingdom!

We are annual passholders and we go at least monthly so she's used to it all, but she absolutely loves it. She claps and dances on the rides with music. :cloud9:

Anyway, have a great time and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. :mickey:

Belle_0717
10-05-2007, 08:38 AM
These are great tips. The family is going with our nephew who just turned one year. He loves Pooh and isn't afraid of the characters.

Only 8 days to go. We have CP dinner, Playhouse Disney brkft and looking forward to seeing Johnny and the Sprites.

Dyanna
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Were leaving tomorrow with DD 10 months old! :number1::mickey::cloud9:

KellyWasHere
10-05-2007, 10:43 AM
We just got back with our 1 year old daughter and it was a blast. We rode Maelstrom the first day we got there and she hated the dark parts, so we just avoided rides with extended darkness after that. Otherwise, she loved everything. She seemed to especially love the rides where she could take time to take everything in, like It's a Small World, over the rides that went through everything really fast (aka Winnie the Pooh). She loved the characters, so much so that she cried when we left them! By far her favorite part was just all the water all over the park. They're really easy at this age ... enjoy and keep her cool!

gtpooh
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
We took DS to DLR when he was 11 months old, and we're definitely excited about taking him to WDW in November when he will be 15 months old! Having experience DLR with our DS, I would definitely say just about any ride without a height restriction is fine. Pooh, Dumbo, Peter Pan and other fantasyland attractions were all big hits with DS. On some level, I think at times we expected such a happy reaction from him on certain rides that when he was just taking it all in (neither happy nor unhappy), we got a little disappointed. For some kids, it's pretty overwhelming being there, so I think we're going into the current trip with lower expectations but also very excited. For DS, he gave huge smiles when meeting some of the characters, so depending on your child, that may be a good thing to do as well. Have fun!

tomorrowschild
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks for all of the great information everyone. We are taking our little princess for the first time in March or summer (depending on vacation scheduals). She will be either 11months or 15 months. We can't wait!

4myprincesses
10-05-2007, 04:43 PM
This last Sept. was the twins' first Disney trip and they loved it :mickey::mickey:

Their favorites:
it's a small world
Buzz
Pooh
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Carousel of Progress
Train
Dumbo
Nemo (ride and show)
Three Caballero's
living with the Land
the monorail
Peter Pan
Cinderella Castle stage show
Hangin out in the stroller and watching everyone go by

They did NOT like:
it's a bug's life
Mickey's philharmagic
Pirates
the buses
charachter's that touched them (they liked the character's but didn't want touched by them...they wanted to initiate contact.)

Both of them ride in a stroller very well. We tried to be sure we gave them ample time to get their little legs a going at various spots (pooh's playground was great for this) as well as to let them cool off at times and not to disturb them when they did fall asleep.

Enjoy your trip, Disney with little ones is the best!!!

LittleRoosMommy
10-06-2007, 03:09 PM
We took DD1 to WDW for the first time when she was 15months old. She LOVED it!!:cloud9: She rode everything that she was able to ride and especially like Dumbo and Pooh. She also loved the parades, shows and fireworks! At first she wasn't sure of the characters, but by the end of our visit she was running up to the characters, giving them a hug and turning around to pose for the camera!!!:mickey: We are leaving in 15 days for DD2's first trip to WDW and she will be turning 14 months while we are there. We are so excited and cannot wait to see her reaction to the parks. Not to mention DD1's reaction to being back to the World. I hope you enjoy your trip with your one. I'm sure you'll come home with plenty of magical memories!!:cloud9:

cal5755
10-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Our youngest was 6 months when we first went and even at that age she loved it. We took full advantage of the baby stations. They are wonderful. We had a double stroller, my middle dd had just turned 4. When we went to meet the princesses Cinderella wasn't going to give her back lol.. and I have precious picture of Minnie Mouse holding her and my other dd and ds standing beside... the baby is all smiles!!

The second time we went she was 2 and she loved everything and the rides like pooh, iasmw and peter pan had her full of smiles and clapping.

This past sept we went and she is now 4... and it was like she had never been before... her reaction to everything was priceless!!

The best things in WDW are seeing them through the eyes of your children! You will have so much fun... so many magical moments to cherish for ever!!

Many wishes for a magical trip!

jarajam
10-06-2007, 05:42 PM
we just got back yesterday. Our youngest turns 1 Oct 20th. She LOVED all the character meals, its a small world, peter pan's flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, the magic carpets of Aladdin and Philharmagic (without the glasses) except for the water spritz you get. She really enjoyed Nemo at Epcot and the safari at AK. She totally had a blast on the trip! I hope your daughter does too!!!

SandmanGStefani24
10-06-2007, 07:50 PM
i think any place you want to go will be fine since she won't remember any of it anyway. my parents took me when i was 4 and i don't remember a single thing unfortunately. it was more for them than me, but that's ok too! after all, they rasied me and took care of me so they deserved it!

just make sure she's comfy, and have a good time!

momof3+twins
10-08-2007, 12:54 PM
4 princesses:
I will be taking my twins soon. How does that work out? How old were they? I also see that you have almost as many kids as I do. Mine are all 10 and under. Does that many young kids work out okay. I will hopefully be getting some help from my mom and brother ( if I can talk them into going). So, 4 adults to 5 kids, should work right?
:mickey:

becky11
10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
My DD has been enjoying WDW since she was 2 months old. Or should I say *I* have been enjoying bringing her. :) :mickey:

One word of caution with the characters, though. We went to MNSSHP on 10/5 and DD (who just turned 2 on Tues) was soooooo excited to meet Mickey and Minnie but when we actually got right up to the characters, she was scared and clinging to me. Much the same reaction as last year's visit with Santa. So, if your child has this sort of stranger reaction, be prepared for that. :)