PDA

View Full Version : Walk ups during September

Barb_A
10-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Has anyone had luck "walking up" for evening dining ... my DH had pushed me NOT to do too many ADRs as we normally like to just see where we are and what we feel like eating. So the bulk of my ADRs were for BK ... but now i'm worried that on a couple nights, we'll be doing nothing but counter food all day! I'll try the drill of going early around 4 or 5 and seeing what's available .. just wondering if anyone found any success doing that without the DDE.

Yippee!! We're almost there!!

Strmchsr
10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm afraid walk-ups are pretty much a thing of the past, but especially during September as long as Disney keeps doing the "free" dining promotion.

magickingdom67
10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
While we were there from 8/31-9/10 we saw quite a few people try to walk up with no success. Not saying its impossible but I wouldn't bet on it.

GrmGrninGost
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
We were there for 9 days in Sept.. I saw numerous people try walking up, all were politely turned away. With the free dining plan in Sept., it makes it really hard to get in without a ressie.

vamaggie
10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Propose to your DH 2 options: 1) not making any ADRs for dinner and potentially eating only CS or snack foods in the evening or 2) making a few ADRs for days you know where you will be or for places you REALLY want to eat at. With free dining I would bet it is very hard to get in as a walk up.

crazykids
10-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I just came back as well. I noticed walk ups being turned away as the OP stated - this happened at breakfast, lunch & dinner.

tinksmom02
10-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Walk-ups were being taken when we checked in at Sci-fi...this was early, though...and they were told it was a 15-20 minute wait.

Dh's great aunt checked at Guest Relations the day they met us at Epcot for ADR's that evening (she didn't believe me that nothing was available). Biergarten was available but not until after 8. We got into Marrakesh at a decent time (well, 4:30, so we just skipped lunch that day), or they had China available, as well.

So there's some hope, but not much.

garthbarth1
10-04-2007, 09:03 PM
We found the same thing to be true when we were there last week. Lots of people walking up and being politely turned away. I did notice that when we went to Magic Kingdom, in front of Town Hall (or is it city hall? I cant remember-where you get the birthday buttons, info, etc-on your left when you walk into MK) there was a sign that had the names of the restaurants (table service) that had dining reservations available for that day. Hope that helps!

EmmMOM2
10-05-2007, 06:40 AM
I went in august and we walked in one time at a resturaunt in downtown disney.. Portobello yacht club i believe.. it was excellant. But usually NO you cannot get in without reservations...

TBY2225
10-05-2007, 08:46 AM
I just got back on Sunday. We were in the world between 9-22 and 9-30. We had ADR's but I asked at each TS if they were taking walk ups. Kona Cafe, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Wolf Gang's Cafe, Boma and 50's Prime Time said yes with a 35-45 min wait. Not to bad during free dining. Most of these were between 5:30 and 6:30 pm. Prime Time was for lunch. The only 2 that said no were Rose/Crown and Le Cellier.