PDA

View Full Version : Value resorts question

DIppy Dawg
10-04-2007, 01:48 PM
We are debating on either getting two rooms at a value resort or getting a value family suite. Do any of the value resorts offer adjoining rooms with connecting doors?

DisneyTwinsMommy
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, you can get connecting rooms with a door on the inside... You can always request them, however.... i do not think they will GUARANTEE your request... but, if you have unsupervised children in the adjoining room, then they will guarantee it... a plus to getting two rooms is two bathrooms! :mickey:

bleukarma
10-04-2007, 02:32 PM
I agree with getting 2 connecting rooms. The suites seem kind of small, in my opinion. It seems like you get more room if you were to get two rooms. Plus you would get 4 beds instead of 1 bed, a fold down couch and a fold down chair. :mickey:

disneymom15
10-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I would also get the 2 rooms with connecting door.

dmallan
10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
We were having the same discussion a few months ago. And even though The family suites have two bathrooms and a small kitchenette, The downside is that they are never discounted.

We ended up going with two regular rooms and got a great AAA discount.

disneydrmr
10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
We got connecting rooms (with the door) back in December at the All Star Movies! Made it really nice.. we kept the door open between the rooms so we had two bathrooms and such... we made the request thru our agent (AAA) and then I also typed up a request and faxed it to the resort itself... Good luck!

caryrae
10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I was at POP last year and we had 2 connecting rooms it was nice. Like others have said you get 2 bathrooms instead of 1 for getting ready in the morning.

IloveDisney71
10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Yes, you can get connecting rooms with a door on the inside... You can always request them, however.... i do not think they will GUARANTEE your request... but, if you have unsupervised children in the adjoining room, then they will guarantee it... a plus to getting two rooms is two bathrooms! :mickey:
When I was traveling with 2 - 17 yr. olds and 2 - 16 yr. olds, we were guaranteed rooms with connecting doors. Disney didn't want anyone under 18 to be unsupervised in the rooms. At least that's what they told me and that's what we got when we showed up. :)

DisneyTwinsMommy
10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
When I was traveling with 2 - 17 yr. olds and 2 - 16 yr. olds, we were guaranteed rooms with connecting doors. Disney didn't want anyone under 18 to be unsupervised in the rooms. At least that's what they told me and that's what we got when we showed up. :)

Yes, you are correct, maybe I should have stated that... "unsupervised children" are any minors... under 18... actually, I don't think you can get a hotel room at disney until 21?!?

Bluesky481
10-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Another vote for adjoining rooms:thumbsup:

jkjs
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Technically the Family Suites are 2 connecting rooms. They have 2 bathrooms and sleep 6 so unless you need to sleep 7 or 8 they should be fine. My son stayed in one with his wife and her niece and nephew. They really enjoyed having the kitchen area and having a place to sit and relax without having to be on the bed. They had snacks and things they could microwave like popcorn saving on late nite trips to the food court.:eat:
I'm sure either way is fine just wanted to share.