PDA

View Full Version : FW DVC points price

medic9016
10-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I had stopped by one of the DVC kiosk in EPCOT last week to ask a few questions. The CM told me that Fort Wilderness was added to DVC. Does anyone know how much the points are? I did not think to ask her. I did not see FW on the DVC website. Did she mean we could use points to stay there if you are a DVC member?

Maleficent's Dad
10-04-2007, 01:59 PM
According to the DVC Members website, Fort Wilderness is still part of the "Disney Collection" at Walt Disney World.

Members can use points for "Campground with Full Hookup."

This has been the case for a while, as you can use your points at most WDW resorts (not value resorts). And while mods and deluxe resorts are not a good exchange, FW seems to be cheap for the campground.

I don't think many members would buy into DVC with the intention of using their points to camp, but that' speculation on my part! :mickey:

CarolMN
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
.....(snip)....I don't think many members would buy into DVC with the intention of using their points to camp, but that' speculation on my part! :mickey: Now that there is a $95 fee (in addition to the point cost) to make a reservation at the non-DVC WDW resorts, I wouldn't think anyone would want to use their points for a campsite.

That fee should result in a lot less members using their points for something besides a stay at a DVC resort.