PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Trip Unlikely...

darthmacho
10-04-2007, 11:58 AM
For a variety of reasons that I won't get into, the 2008 trip to WDW that I've been hyping for several years now is probably not going to happen. Unfortunately there are more important issues for us to deal with at the moment. I guess I can hope for 2009.

Of course I'm disappointed myself, as I've been wanting to go since our last trip in 2003, but the worst part will be trying to explain to my
6yoDD, who recently reminded me we need to buy the 2008 Birnbaum book soon. It breaks my hear to tell her, but I have to, since it was my own fault for getting her hopes up in the first place. :(

faline
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Sorry you need to postpone!

wedway fan
10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
i feel for you, darth...

had to cancel twice in the last 5 years for several reasons, and no matter how right you know you are to cancel, it still hurts.

i'm just as guilty as you for ramping up the kids' excitement, and paid the last time by having to tell them we weren't going. they took it so much better than i did, especially when they realized it was just being put off yet another year and not cancelled altogether.

hopefully you can find somewhat of a replacement, even a long weekend away locally, and get the kids on board for planning that.

then, start the countdown for 2009!

mouseketeer mom
10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh. My heart goes out to you. Feeling like you hurt your child hurts more than actually missing the trip.:( I'm so sorry. I agree with a previous poster who suggested a long weekend locally somewhere. This was the first year we missed my sons BD in WDW..we planned a weekend at the local Great Wolf Lodge instead, with an indoor water park. Sure, its not disney, but the kids had a blast. It was something to look forward to, that didn't require lots of money or time.

cal5755
10-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Sorry you can't go in 2008. I know too about having to wait!! I am sure if you explain to your dd that it is only postponed she will take it much better. Also you can come up with exciting disney things to do during 2008 to countdown til your 2009 trip. We do things like monthly disney movie, daily calander cross offs with disney stickers, special disney cakes at certain milestones... like 100 days to disney WOOHOO.... there are ways to make the wait more bearable and a whole lot of disney fun!! If you need some more ideas I can give ya some more!!

For now here is a hug :grouphug:

2Epcot
10-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I have no countdown right now because I also have many things to take care of first, before another WDW trip. Probably late 2008 at the earliest, or whenever the saving goal is reached we will return to the world.

IloveDisney71
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
I know how you feel. We had to cancel a trip 4 days before we were set to leave due to a family medical emergency. It was disappointing, but the good thing is that Disney isn't going anywhere and who knows what they'll add to the parks between now and your next visit. Here's some :pixie: to help you through your wait.

Dsnygirl
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
:( Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that... we've had to postpone trips, too, and it's so hard at first... then you kind-of adjust to the idea, and start looking forward all the more to the re-scheduled trip! I'm sure your DD will understand... and the ideas about finding something fun to do for a long wknd or similar I'm sure will help!! Kids are pretty resilient, as I'm sure you know!! Good luck w/ the stuff you need to accomplish -- and 2009 will be here before you you know it!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Sorry you had to change your plans.
It looks like I might be in the same boat. DH thinks we should skip next year and vacation somewhere else instead of going to WDW like we have annually the past ten years.
It is a big debate here right now. Even though we just got back from 10 days there.
I am working on maybe just him and I going down for a few days and leaving the kids with the inlaws. :secret:

I hope the time goes by quickly for you!!

kim1st
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Sorry to hear that you aren't able to make the Disney trek!

:( :grouphug: :fworks: :pixie:

I notice you're in Massachusetts, and someone else just mentioned a long weekend - possibly to Great Wolf, which I think is in PA and looks really cool on line.

There is a new indoor water park in Danvers, MA...I think it's called "coco keys" but I'm not sure how they're spelling it. One of my neighbors went and said they had a blast. Apparently they got a package deal that was pretty reasonable. I'm sure we'll check it out at some point this winter.

Cinderelley
10-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Sorry you had to ditch the planned trip. I've had to do it before for family reasons, and I had this "empty" feeling for a little while. Eventually, we were able to set a new date and I was soon up to my ears in planning again. I hope everything works out well for you.

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Don't know where in MA you are, but some things I've done with kids for day trips are the Museum of Science, and the New England Aquarium. I've been taking my kids for years. They love these places. In addition, many companies in the area offer free admission for either. I hope this helps a little and hope you can make it in '09.

vizsla
10-06-2007, 07:42 AM
So sorry to hear that you have to postpone your trip. :( Hopefully things will work out and you can make it down the following year.

SandmanGStefani24
10-06-2007, 08:40 PM
been there...done that. what made me feel better the two times it's happened to me, was the many other Intercotees who have done the same. i think almost all of us have had the same thing happen to us. the key is not to say cancelled, but rather postponed. You will be going, just not when you thought. I know it (stinks), but WDW will always be there waiting for you. Just stay near Intercot and they will be the best of help. It was for me! Keep your spirits up and continue with the planning! :beer: