PDA

View Full Version : Two Beds????

BabyBun
10-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Our family is starting to ponder joining DVC. We go to Disney for 2 weeks every summer. I was looking at floorplans and I think the only one with two real beds in a studio or one bedroom is OKW. Is this right? Would we have to get a 2 bedroom at the other resorts? How are the sofa beds at the vacation clubs? Two weeks on a sofa bed (the way I remember them from the 70's ) would be too much for DD (age 12) with her scoliosis. Any thoughts??

Maleficent's Dad
10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
OKW is the only resort with two beds in a studio, the rest have a pull out.

We were in a 1BR at VWL recently, and the pullout was one of the "newer" models - where you don't remove the cushions to pull the bed out. You actuall flip the top of the couch down. We actually had trouble figuring it out the first night! :blush:

But on the plus side, the newer pullout was much more comfortable - more "bed-like" than the traditional pullout sofas.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-04-2007, 08:30 PM
My kids were very comfortable on the sofa bed at SSR last month.They never complained once and fell right to sleep with no problem. :thumbsup:

CarolMN
10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
For those who may not know -

None of the DVC 1 bedroom units have two beds. All have a king in the bedroom and a queen sleep sofa in the living room.

At the AKV, the standard, concierge and savanna view 1 bedroom units have a sleep chair iin the living room in addition to the sleep sofa.

Grace
10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
:mickey: Our second bedroom at WLV had two queen size beds. Very comfy! This bedroom was NOT a "lockout" studio; it was a dedicated bedroom.

farmergirl
10-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Our family is starting to ponder joining DVC. We go to Disney for 2 weeks every summer. I was looking at floorplans and I think the only one with two real beds in a studio or one bedroom is OKW. Is this right? Would we have to get a 2 bedroom at the other resorts? How are the sofa beds at the vacation clubs? Two weeks on a sofa bed (the way I remember them from the 70's ) would be too much for DD (age 12) with her scoliosis. Any thoughts??

I was wondering the same thing...my husband and I have a King bed because thats the only way there will not be injuries in the middle of the night...I need my space. So ONE of us is going to have to sleep on the sofa bed and I just want to make sure he will be comfy! :funny:

Checkers
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
:mickey:This past April my DD & I (along with my 2 DGDs) stayed in a studio at Saratoga Springs and I slept on the sofabed. It was not comfortable. It was different than any I have seen at the other resorts, not like the newer ones at the BWVs (which were very comfortable).

farmergirl
10-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know how they are at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas?