PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer-how far in advance?

MickeyMousse
10-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I still have 30 days to go :wait: but was wondering how far in advance I should place my order with Garden Grocer?? I was figuring a week before I need them? We are starting our vacation in a studio then, 4 days later, we move into a 1 bedroom-that's where I really need the groceries. Thanks!

HOLITRIN
10-05-2007, 06:52 AM
I was told by MS that you should order 1 week before.

Mommy2boys
10-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I booked mine about 6 weeks before hand. When I booked they were booked solid for about 2 weeks.

dolphinmickey9170
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I would say NOW! I have heard they have been booking up way ahead lately. Just do it, then it is one more thing out of the way. Good Luck!! I'll be booking mine in a couple weeks for our December trip!

JMTStone
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Thank you for the info.... I have 44 days to go and it looks like now is a good time to shop.....

44 DAYS. WHOPPIE. can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Yup, I agree with booking now. :thumbsup:

We used them last month, booked about three weeks in advance and still only had two days to pick from for delivery.

Great service by the way. It was our first stay as DVC members and the first time we ever used a service like this. We were very pleased. It was a piece of cake and we had no problems at all.

vizsla
10-09-2007, 05:38 AM
I didn't realize that Garden Grocer was so busy. We were going to use them for the first time this year just for some breakfast items and snacks. I better start getting our shopping list togethersince we will be going in 5 weeks.

JMTStone
10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
What happens when Garden Grocer delivers perishables (eggs, milk) and you're not in your room?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-09-2007, 09:28 PM
What happens when Garden Grocer delivers perishables (eggs, milk) and you're not in your room?

They held everything in a fridge/freezer at Bell Services for us until we called down for them. They brought them right up as soon as we called. We had lots of frozen stuff and everything was perfect. :thumbsup:
Garden Grocer also left a message on my cell letting me know that everything was delivered.

dolphinmickey9170
10-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Just know that there is a minimum order!!

MickeyMousse
10-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks for all the info!:thumbsup: I am working on our order now so I can be sure to get it delivered on the day we move into our 1 bedroom at SSR. I had no idea how popular this was and just how booked up they can get!