PDA

View Full Version : Feeding a 50 pound 10 yr old as an Adult on the DP

luvdiznee
10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
How do you do it? My DD is 10 years old and since we have the DP for our upcoming trip will have to order as an adult. Not sure if she will want to do this. If not I guess I will let her order off the kids menu. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-04-2007, 09:10 AM
I understand! My girls are 13 and 11 now, we've been using the dining plan since it originated, but at times its downright ridiculous. My older daughter is this tiny little gymnast who eats well, but not alot at any one sitting. Her stomach can't handle alot of food at one time. So she has ordered off of both the childs and adult menu. Wish disney didn't count 10 yo children as adults. Its crazy.

Mickey'sGirl
10-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I am laughing with you....honestly! I have the opposite problem. I have a 9 year old who is 5'2 and over 100 lbs. He's a big and active kid who LOVES "adult" food (crab, salmon, sushi, all vegetables etc) -- He ends up eating some of my dinner when we are on the dining plan to compensate! I don't think you will have a problem using an "adult" credit to purchase a kid's meal --- but I'm going to have to share mine. It's too bad we can't swap! :D

SBETigg
10-04-2007, 09:18 AM
You don't have to use the credits for the DD. If she prefers to order off the kids menu, you could pay OOP for the kids meal and save the TS credits for more adult meals, maybe try some signature dining.

LibertyTreeGal
10-04-2007, 10:49 AM
You don't have to use the credits for the DD. If she prefers to order off the kids menu, you could pay OOP for the kids meal and save the TS credits for more adult meals, maybe try some signature dining.

ROFL, that's true! That's actually a valid way of using your "kids" credits for signature dining.

But seriously, what I might do is take along baggies and tuck away a good portion of her adult meals for snacks. Sometimes waifish kiddos will eat throughout the day instead of heavily at meals. If so, then it might be nice to have a piece of meat or veggies for later on in the day. We used baggies when our kids were 4 and it gave them nutritious snacks instead of Mickey bars and chips :mickey:

luvdiznee
10-04-2007, 06:49 PM

Yep that is what I was thinking. Especially that because of her age it is now an actual adult credit. I knew there would be a happy ending. :mickey: