PDA

View Full Version : Which park?

Mommy2boys
10-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Which aprk should we go to on our last day (half day)

We will be going to Magic Kingdom twice and once for the rest of the parks.

We have a 4yr old and a 1yr old.

TIA!

Hayden's Dad
10-04-2007, 08:52 AM
It really depends on what you have not seen or want to go back and see again. I said the MK before I read your post because that is my first inclination :mickey: , but you may want to wait and see if there is something you want to go back and do or see again. I know Animal Kingdom has gotten quite large now and you may want to split that in to a full day and then a half day before you head out. Have a great trip.

disneymom15
10-04-2007, 09:27 AM
We almost always do MK if we have a half day. We do our favorite rides 1 last time, last minute shopping, and catch a quick lunch.

beksy
10-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I chose MK just because that's our favorite park and we always end our trip there soaking up the Disney magic for as long as possible and re-riding our favorite rides! :mickey: Also with that age group MK seemed like an appropriate choice but I agree that it's probably a good idea to just play it by ear and see what your family wants to finish up/redo/etc. Have a great trip! :thumbsup:

Michigander
10-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Epcot. go see turtle talk and let the boys wander around looking at the fish. Then take time to let them go build the robot in inoventions and have a great lunch at one of the really good places to eat as your final hurrah! Makes for a real nice slow pace for your last day.

illini
10-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm still going with MK even though you've got 2 days scheduled there already. It's going to have the most things your boys are interested in. And I just can't imagine finishing my trip anywhere but MK.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I chose MK, really just because we always start and end our trip at MK, and it is what the kids are just going to love!

Have a great trip:mickey:

wedway76
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I didn't vote because it's too hard a question for me, and depending on my mood I might answer differently each time I'm asked.

We ALWAYS go to Mk on the last day BUT we also go to all of the other parks (except AK :sleepin: ) at least twice.

At this moment I would probably say EPCOT, but if you were to ask me this afternoon I might say some place else.

crltkcagle
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM
MK is the place where the kids have the most fun i find. well kids that young anyway. have a great trip!

goofysbabe
10-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Our last day is usually spent at DTD shopping and relaxing. Our last park day - MK. My kids love this park and the attractions. You've just got to get a last look at the castle before you head home and in my daughter's case one more ride on Splash Mtn.

krorx
10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Gotta be MK. It's our favorite and you have to have that last moment, standing on Main Street, looking at the castle and thinking about how much fun your trip has been.:cloud9:

wedway fan
10-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Gotta be MK. It's our favorite and you have to have that last moment, standing on Main Street, looking at the castle and thinking about how much fun your trip has been.:cloud9:

:ditto:
couldn't have said it any better!

MickeyandTink
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I would say just leave it open and then decide based on which one has the most things that a) you haven't done yet but really want to do, or b) you've already done but really want to do again. It really depends on you and your family and there is no "right" choice for everyone.

When we were there last week, our original plan was to do MK on the final day. By the time Saturday rolled aroud, we had pretty much done everything we wanted to do there, but DD6 still had some things at MGM she wanted to see so we went there instead.

#1donaldfan
10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
MK....young kids and toontown shopping......that's what we do.....

Jaycee's Mom
10-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Magic Kingdom is ALWAYS our last park no matter how many times we've been there that week :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
10-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I can't imagine not going to MK on the last day! Even big kids like me (44) know that! :mickey:

kim1st
10-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Where you're staying would make a difference.

Speaking purely practically...

I thought MK was the easiest park to go into for a short day - I don't know if this is totally accurate, but it seemed like the most "dense" park - like the rides, etc were all closer to each other without having to walk forever. We were also staying at WL - so it was easy to "hop over" to MK for dinner, etc.

MGM would be 2nd, but we really ONLY spent a 1/2 day there and didn't feel any compelling need to go back (not until the kids are older at least - ours were 2 1/2 and almost 5).

We found AK a little tough to make a 1/2 day worthwhile because it was a longer bus ride (we stayed at WL) and because it was so spread out.

Epcot would be dead last for me - everything is SOOOOOOOO spread out, that you'd spend most of that 1/2 day walking.

:mickey: Have a great trip - whatever you decide!

Mommy2boys
10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Thank you soo much for all your replies.:mickey:

mttafire
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
IMHO, Regardless of how many times you've been there during your trip...You HAVE to finish it off at the Magic Kingdom.:mickey: It is just the right thing to do!!:blush:

thejens
10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree with other posters to see what park you didn't get to do everything you wanted in. But I would think Epcot would be that park. My little ones loved the Nemo ride and Innovations and could have spent a whole day in these two attractions. My kids also loved the water feature and kidcot stations. You could have lunch at rotating restaurant with the characters (what is the name!?) or at Coral Reef. If I were you, though I would play it by ear.

amorillo
10-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Another vote for the MK! :number1:

Even if it's only for a few hours... I need to see the castle and take a ride through the Haunted Mansion!

irish1967
10-05-2007, 06:24 PM
My vote would be MK - but why don't you have a one vote election and let your 4yo decide :mickey:

He/She (sorry I don't remember if you specified) might want to re-ride something one last time...

cal5755
10-05-2007, 06:31 PM
I think you will end up deciding once you get there what you will do the last day. We always take a vote the night before last day and go to majority rules. I like going to epcot the last day... for me it is slower paced. With you having two little ones though MK or AK may be more appropriate. I bet your 4 yr old will be the deciding factor in the last day! Whatever you choose it will be fun and magical I am sure!

HeidiGW
10-06-2007, 04:21 AM
all things being relatively equal, I would pick the park that has the morning emh.

micahlei
10-07-2007, 04:51 AM
Depends on the kids

If you have young ones its the MK - FantasyLand all the way! :dumbo:

If you have big kids - about 9 to 16 its Epcot
They will LOVE Test Track and Soarin
Hope you have a good time :mickey:

Mic

Kairi_7378
10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
If you are going to have one full day at each park, definitely MK. If you are only going for 5 days and are doing 2 MK, 1 EP, 1 full day somewhere and a half day somewhere I would pick AK as my half day park because it doesn't have a nighttime show like Fantasmic (due to the animals.) If you're going to have a full day at AK anyway, go say goodbye to the castle!

Mommy2boys
10-07-2007, 10:25 AM
I think I may leave it until I am there. I was originally thinking about epcot but we shall see :mickey:

Thanks for all your opinions and replies!

RAIDER
10-08-2007, 07:32 AM
If you only have half a day with 2 young uns i would go for AK as it will be quieter and not so much hassle :mickey::thumbsup:

Disneyexpert15
10-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Magic Kingdom because I usually end with. There is a lot of shops and rides for younger kids.

EPCOT84
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Another vote for the Magic Kingdom. We started with Epcot but ended with the classic Main Street U.S.A. and the castle. Like another poster said, to look back at the castle one last time before you leave, to hear the train wail in the background. One last touch I enjoy is taking the monorail back to the TTC and the announcement says "and if this is the end of your visit to Walt Disney World, thank you..." You hear it on every ride back to the TTC but when it finally applies to you......:sadwave:. :hands:

animalkingdomguy
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
No contest. MK is the best of the best.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Which aprk should we go to on our last day (half day)

We will be going to Magic Kingdom twice and once for the rest of the parks.

We have a 4yr old and a 1yr old.

TIA!:mickey: Since you are already spending two days at Magic Kingdom, I would suggest EPCOT. Of course they say EPCOT stands for Every Peson Carries Out a Toddler, so that may be too much with the little ones. Next choice MGM...can't go wrong whatever you choose.

dteed
10-25-2007, 06:58 PM
MK is always first and last for us. It is what I remember most as a kid and adult so it is WDW to me.