PDA

View Full Version : What happens if MNSSHP is rained out?

epceddie
10-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Do you get a refund> Can you used the ticket on another night?

disneydeb
10-04-2007, 03:20 AM
If it rains at Disney, the party does not stop! :party: Put a poncho on and go!:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
10-04-2007, 08:02 AM
To my knowledge, the only thing to ever shut down Disney was a hurricane coming right through the city.

SBETigg
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Rained out doesn't really happen, maybe in weather extremes but certainly not for rain or even thunderstorms. What did happen with our P & P Party when it was thunderstorming through the night:

-crowds were extremely low.
- most rides were still open, or open sporadically, no lines with the exception of a ten minute wait for Peter Pan and a few characters.
- the schedule was unpredictable as it was thrown off by the storms. Parades and fireworks happened, but not when planned or expected.
- at the end of the night as we were leaving, we were offered an invitation that served as one day's admission for every P & P ticket to the MK during regular operational hours any time within one year.
- The best part? Watching fireworks from the top of Main Street with only one other family standing next to us. How often do you see the fireworks with the Main Street hub all to yourself? Priceless.

Wear your ponchos and have a great time!

crltkcagle
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
our party on 9/14 got rained out and we recieved a full refund. other recieved a park hopper pass for another day and i believe it was good for a year. it really sucked. it was beyond wear a poncho and go kind of rain. hopefully your party doesn't get rained out. have fun!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
We were at MNSSHP on the 14th too. We were given a one day pass card for each of us. We were also given 5 tickets to the party on 9/21 when we went into Guest Relations that Monday to inquire about buying tickets.

We saw the fireworks and parade(late) on the 14th but, since my DD was scared to death of the lightning we were not able to do any trick or treating or see any of the characters, dance parties, etc. It was quite literally a monsoon that night.

The party on the 21st was awesome!!

baldburke
10-04-2007, 10:14 PM
To my knowledge, the only thing to ever shut down Disney was a hurricane coming right through the city.

Yup...Hurricane Wilma, October 2005. They cancelled the evenings events shortly after we walked in. So we, like the others mentioned here, got the option to come back for another party or get passes good for a year. Good for Disney for keeping the magic real!

epceddie
10-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the info.

Tick-Tock
10-08-2007, 06:54 PM
It has to be raining pretty hard to cancel, though. We had quite a bit of rain last Friday night, and the party went on. Unfortunately, the only special thing for a good portion of the night was the trick-or-treating; the first parade couldn't run, the villians show couldn't run. Even the trick-or-treating was somewhat curtailed, as the characters couldn't hang out at the Alice-in-Wonderland walk and they cut the treat stations there in half to take advantage of available cover. The rain did stop in time for the fireworks and it looked like they were going to run the later villians show (they were mopping down the castle stage), but then it started sprinkling again and we decided to take off rather than wait to see if they MIGHT run the second parade.

becky11
10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
We were there Friday 10/5 as well. They did run the second parade, but it was raining throughout. We ended up standing under the overhang by CBJ. And once the end came up, we snuck through Adventureland, over to Main Street, and beat the start of the parade down MS to get out of the park.

I have to say that it was kind-of a miserable experience to be there in the rain like that, but I didn't even think about asking for a refund because we still got to go on rides and got some candy, as well as saw the fireworks. It must depend on how much gets shut down on whether or not they'll offer a refund, or whether or not someone asks for one.

One thing that saved me with my DD (2yo) - a clear, see-through, rain cover on her stroller (ours, not WDW). Last Christmas, we went to AK & MGM and it rained - they cancelled the Osbourne Lights!!!! :mad: I didn't have that cover for her stroller and she didn't like being covered by something she couldn't see through. So, that cover will be with me for as long as she rides in a stroller and there is a potential for rain. :D

Tick-Tock
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I have to say that it was kind-of a miserable experience to be there in the rain like that, but I didn't even think about asking for a refund because we still got to go on rides and got some candy, as well as saw the fireworks. It must depend on how much gets shut down on whether or not they'll offer a refund, or whether or not someone asks for one.

Yeah, we didn't consider asking for one either. I was glad to see the fireworks. But the rain really cuts down on the fun; Thursday's party was much better. Next time I may do a wait-and-see rather than get tickets ahead of time.

becky11
10-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Next time I may do a wait-and-see rather than get tickets ahead of time.

Perhaps that's what we'll do next year as well. I don't know why I was so afraid of a sell-out so early in the month, but I'm a planner/worrier like that. :)

MNSSHP has become a tradition for my DD's birthday (10/9) and I don't want to break that, at least while I'm still living down here.