PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan 2008......

AbeeNormal
10-04-2007, 12:24 AM
I know the plan has changed......:( I just wanted to get your opinions about if this would be worth purchasing for our 3 days. 69.99 pp
19.99per child per day - includes 3 meals a day 2 snacks and some sort of mug. Meals can be TS or CS & @ lunch & dinner, or just dinner I don't remember includes appetizers.

Any comments good :) and bad:thedolls: would be greatly appreciated!!:D

drhama
10-04-2007, 12:56 AM
I love the dining plan. I just booked our next trip with the free dining and added the deluxe plan. I think even with the changes, the DP is a good deal. You just have to plan ahead. A long ways ahead. I enjoy the planning so, it works for me. I don't like the fact that the basic plan does not include an appetizer but does include dessert. Seems backwards to me. With the deluxe plan and all those TS credits, we will be trying several of the signature restaurants. Really looking forward to a trip with just me and my husband. In all the times we have been to WDW, this will be the first with just the two of us. :cloud9:

Natazu
10-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Only you can decide based on you family's dining habits. For us, (2 adults) the deluxe dining is the way to go. We tend to frequent the signature places and skip breakfasts. With the DDDP (Disney Deluxe Dining Plan), we can eat signature every night if we want to and still have a TS lunch at one of the many, many wonderful 1TS places. Oh, you do get appetizers on the DDDP.

Here's an example for the two of us for 3 days:
Day 1:
Breakfast - snacks or something light
Lunch: Le Cellier
Dinner: California Grill
Day 2:
Breakfast: Leftover Filet Mignon from CG
Lunch: Marrakesh
Dinner: Narcoossee's
Day 3:
Breakfast: leftover Narc and Marrakesh
Lunch: Kona Cafe
Dinner: Citricos

Total if paying cash including snacks: $700
Total for DDDP: $419
Savings on this type of dining: $281 (WOW, three days)

Edit: Moderators, I would like to make a motion at this time that the acronym DDDP be added to the official abbreviations list for use on the forums.

LibertyTreeGal
10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
I agree with Jym, that if you are two adults and want to eat signature that this is a good deal. It's also a good deal if you can actually stomach 2 TS meals a day plus a CS -- but most people can't really eat that much food. Anyone who did the Silver Plan back a few years ago knows that for most people 2 TS meals a day is way too much food (and that didn't even include the third CS meal!). I actually got ill on our 4th day from eating too much rich food :ack:

With having kids though, it's not worth it for me -- unless I was going to do all signature, and I wouldn't want to subject the patrons to my boys ;) ROFL