PDA

View Full Version : Movies with no current character representation

Greenlawler
10-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Here are the classic Disney flicks that do not currently have some character appearing. Some comments and questions for you vets.
Add if you think of any and correct any mistakes. Some of these movies may have never had a character.

1. Dumbo (Dumbo used to be out)
2. Atlantis (they are long gone)
3. Black Cauldron (not sure if anyone ever appeared from this flick)
4. Sword and the Stone (Merlin has ;) dissapered)
5. Lady and the Tramp (This is suprising, were there ever any?)
6. Great Mouse Detective (I heard they had them)
7. The Rescuers (I know these characters exsist I remember seeing the bird on an old Disney park film)
8. Meet the Robinsons (although this will change temporarily with the video release)
9. Emporers New Groove (Kronk used to be pretty regular)
10. Fantasia (although they are in the parade, even sorcerer Micky is gone)
11. Home On the Range (were there ever characters from this movie?)
12. Bambi (Thumper is gone again and this is too bad. Flower and Thumper were out alot early in park history)
13. Oliver and Company (yet another one that I have never seena character from)
14. Ichabod and Mr Toad (although the Horseman rides)

Well I could only think of 14 but from those there are several I wish were out i.e. Mr Toad, Basil, Dumbo. I wish there was at least some character from each movie. I did not include Hunchback and Hercules because those characters seem to show up from time to time although it is rare.

crltkcagle
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
wow what a great point! I never realized there were so many characters missing. Just curious did rollie pollie ollie ever come out when the show was still on playhouse disney? my son used to love him!

Wolf
10-04-2007, 11:31 PM

To Bermuda!!! *POOF* I wish they'd bring him out I adore Sword and the Stone, I agree on Great Mouse Detective! They should make a Tiny from Meet the Robinsons too!!!

Greenlawler
10-05-2007, 12:24 AM
I forgot Treasure Planet...godd luck on ever seeing any of those again.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-05-2007, 03:19 AM
Or Sora. What a waste of a character.

It was used once...ONCE!!!

Even Jim was out more than that. Which I think they should bring back as well.

Nightmare before Christmas and Roger Rabbit also have no representation.

Greenlawler
10-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Or Sora. What a waste of a character.

It was used once...ONCE!!!

Even Jim was out more than that. Which I think they should bring back as well.

Nightmare before Christmas and Roger Rabbit also have no representation.

I was sticking with the animated classics, but your right it never made since to me why they do not have Jack Skelington or Oogie Boogie. Roger Rabbit I understand there are legal issues. The Lion from Bedknobs and Broomsticks used to appear as well. Now that there branching out with characters from non animated movies like Capt. Jack think of the possibilities: Tron, Dr Syn (Scarecrow), Davey Crocket all would be awesome!

Greenlawler
10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
wow what a great point! I never realized there were so many characters missing. Just curious did rollie pollie ollie ever come out when the show was still on playhouse disney? my son used to love him!

Last time I saw him was at Disneyland California Adventure in 04, but I think he was out at the Disneyworld Marathon last year.

Princess Jayne
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Hercules has gone as well hasnt it? Him meg and phil used to be around i believe! x

joanna71985
10-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Well, Merlin was never technically a "meeting" character. He was just in a show.

Greenlawler
10-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Hercules has gone as well hasnt it? Him meg and phil used to be around i believe! x
I think they still randomly come out, and we saw Meg in Fantasmic 2 weeks ago and her and Herc both back in December.

Greenlawler
10-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, Merlin was never technically a "meeting" character. He was just in a show.

Did he ever do autographs? We have his signature but I cannot remember how we got it.

joanna71985
10-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Did he ever do autographs? We have his signature but I cannot remember how we got it.

I don't think so.

mermaidmarian
10-10-2007, 09:04 PM

Rollie Pollie Ollie used to come out at MGM. I have a picture of him and Zowie from the Stars and Motor Cars Parade, probably circa 2003.

kbean
10-14-2007, 12:55 PM
There's no Roger Rabbit or was there ever.

SBETigg
10-14-2007, 01:24 PM
It's really not surprising that no Lady and the Tramp characters have appeared. They are dogs in the more realistic sense vs dogs in the Goofy or Pluto sense. They couldn't really have them stand up on two legs and greet guests. It would be weird and not right. Tony has appeared at Tony's Town Square, I believe. And the Main Street characters are of the same era in costume.

DisneyTwirler13!
10-14-2007, 01:27 PM
i wish that roger rabbit had been out! i love him! and i like the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" its become an inside joke in our family about how much i like the movie!
still... if it's about legal issues, disney has enough trouble as it is, but thats a different thread

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM
There's no Roger Rabbit or was there ever.

There used to be Roger, Jessica and Eddie Valiant. But they no longer appear. I would like to see pictures of Jessica, if anyone has them because I've never seen her.

BelleLovesTheBeast
10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
What about Aristocats? I've never seen Marie, Duchess or any other character from that movie.

Also, last year we saw characters from Chicken Little at MGM but not this year. I know there are more characters than there have been in the past but I wish they'd have more.

joanna71985
10-14-2007, 09:42 PM
What about Aristocats? I've never seen Marie, Duchess or any other character from that movie.

Also, last year we saw characters from Chicken Little at MGM but not this year. I know there are more characters than there have been in the past but I wish they'd have more.

Marie sometimes appears in France.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Which kinda makes me think of what a previous post said about Lady and the Tramp.....

Marie is no more human-like than Lady and the Tramp. Really, there isn't a difference other than the fact that one is a cat and the other is a dog....

But that kinda doesn't make sense to use that expression when pointing out there isn't much difference between them.

Greenlawler
10-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Which kinda makes me think of what a previous post said about Lady and the Tramp.....

Marie is no more human-like than Lady and the Tramp. Really, there isn't a difference other than the fact that one is a cat and the other is a dog....

But that kinda doesn't make sense to use that expression when pointing out there isn't much difference between them.

Good point, if Marie, White Rabbit, and Thumper are in the parks from time to time, why not Lady our Tramp? It is one of the more popular flicks in the library.

SBETigg
10-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Good point, if Marie, White Rabbit, and Thumper are in the parks from time to time, why not Lady our Tramp? It is one of the more popular flicks in the library.

White Rabbit runs around on two feet throughout the movie. Similarly, Thumper. Even the Aristocats stand up and dance, showing more human characteristics. Lady and the Tramp never conduct themselves on two feet or exhibit otherwise human characteristics, like standing on two feet or eating with hands. Other than the ability to talk, they remain true to dog form, making it unseemly for them to be characters in the park. Try to picture it-- it would be odd and I think more distressing to children than acceptable.

Greenlawler
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
White Rabbit runs around on two feet throughout the movie. Similarly, Thumper. Even the Aristocats stand up and dance, showing more human characteristics. Lady and the Tramp never conduct themselves on two feet or exhibit otherwise human characteristics, like standing on two feet or eating with hands. Other than the ability to talk, they remain true to dog form, making it unseemly for them to be characters in the park. Try to picture it-- it would be odd and I think more distressing to children than acceptable.

What about Pluto then?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-16-2007, 03:19 AM
My dog dances. Even plays DDR. But really, other than one song, the Aristrocats for the most part behave like cats, including eating.

Pluto, I will agree is mostly a human character. A lot of times he has always been a true dog but there ae several instances popping into my head where he has been more human like.

And what about Dumbo? Apparently, there was a character for that and he wasn't even human-like at all.

Eeyore is also a character that was mostly walking on all fours, and didn't have much human traits other than speech and he does sets and autographs.

What about all the Oliver and Co. characters that used to be out as well? They'd be about the same as well, just basic dogs that can speak and not much else.

SBETigg
10-16-2007, 06:53 AM
My dog dances. Even plays DDR. But really, other than one song, the Aristrocats for the most part behave like cats, including eating.

Pluto, I will agree is mostly a human character. A lot of times he has always been a true dog but there ae several instances popping into my head where he has been more human like.

And what about Dumbo? Apparently, there was a character for that and he wasn't even human-like at all.

Eeyore is also a character that was mostly walking on all fours, and didn't have much human traits other than speech and he does sets and autographs.

What about all the Oliver and Co. characters that used to be out as well? They'd be about the same as well, just basic dogs that can speak and not much else.

Eeyore's not even based on a real Donkey. He's a stuffed animal. That works.

But you've made your point. They could do it. It would still be weird to me. I think that's why they haven't done it. Even though they have successfully done it with a lot of characters, it would be odd to see Lady and Tramp depicted as anything but actual dogs for me, and I think for a lot of people. I don't know it should be different than the Oliver and Co. characters or Aristocats, it just is different to me somehow. Those characters work for me in the park and yet I can't even imagine what a walking, autograph-signing Lady or Tramp would even be like. Odd.

Roger's #1 Fan
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I have several pics with Roger (being his #1 fan and all - LOL) but he is no longer out for reasons stated before.

I thought Merlin did the sword in the stone show in Fantasyland? That's where I remember him from.

Chicken Little was in the Animation area in MGM when we were there (back when it came out)

joanna71985
10-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I thought Merlin did the sword in the stone show in Fantasyland? That's where I remember him from.

Chicken Little was in the Animation area in MGM when we were there (back when it came out)

The Sword in the Stone show has been gone since Aug 2006.

And the Chicken Little characters no longer appear at the Animation Building. I have heard that Chicken appears in Town Square.

mermaidmarian
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I have several pics with Roger (being his #1 fan and all - LOL) but he is no longer out for reasons stated before.

I hear quite a bit about licensing problems that Disney has regarding the Roger Rabbit character and this being a reason he and Jessica are not out in the parks anymore. However, if there is an ongoing dispute about the rights to the character, why do they still merchandise quite a bit around Roger and Jessica? Doesn't seem to add up to me.