PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Montana ticket sales to be investigated

kakn7294
10-03-2007, 10:48 PM
I tried this past Sat to purchase tickets to the Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus concert in Pittsburgh but I could not get even 1 ticket as soon as they were on sale. I tried Ticketmaster's website as well as 2 cell phones and our home landline. At one of our local Ticketmaster outlets, the saleswoman said she literally sold only 9 tickets before they were sold out. Even parents who had joined the fan club for the pre-sale event weren't able to get tickets. Due to the public outcry here in Pittsburgh and nationwide, the State Attorney General is now planning to investigate the ticket sales procedure. Here's an article from KDKA news:

KDKA PITTSBURGH The concert tour for Miley Cyrus' "Hanna Montana" character is one of the hottest tickets across the country.

However, her concert tour is turning into a headache for parents.

KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin reports that tickets sell out in minutes and are nearly impossible to come by.

It's a lesson many local parents learned the hard way this week and it may be part of a larger problem.

Now, the State Attorney General is investigating whether super scalpers have figured out a way to buy up all the tickets to popular shows before the general public even has a chance.

Here in Pittsburgh, the Hannah Montana concert sold out in minutes.

Those tickets are now selling on-line for as much as $2,000 apiece.

It has moms and dads nationwide outraged and demanding answers.

The Hanna Montana Tour sold out in 52 cities including Pittsburgh.

It sold out before most folks had a chance.

KDKA Radio producer Kelly Pidgeon wanted tickets for his daughter.

They thought they had it all worked out with a couple of people on computers and others in-line at local stores.

Sales started at 10 a.m. and every single ticket immediately sold.

"Hanna Montana is big but she's not that big for Hanna Montana tickets not to be available in 30 seconds after the sale," said Pidgeon. "There's something wrong."

Is there something wrong with the sale or is it just the artist, 14-year old Miley Cyrus, the real-life daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus.

Millions of teenage girls love her.

"She's funny," said Pidgeon. "She's a really good actress and singer."

Attorneys General in several states are looking into how thousands of tickets got into the hands of ticket brokers, not teenagers.

They are brokers like Steve Bazille.

"She's definitely comparable to the rolling stones for eight to fourteen year olds," said Bazille.

Prices from ticket brokers are high.

Jennifer Urksa can't afford any of it.

"It is not fair," she said. "It's not fair to kids and parents."

She's one of the lucky ones.

With friends on line and standing in line, she struck gold with four tickets

However, she's still angry.

"Last night, I found 423 tickets that were for sale by these brokers," said Urksa.

Brokers claim it's the internet causing this phenomenon -- tens of thousands of people on-line at once trying for a few thousand tickets -- but many consumers smell a rat.

There's a reason to think they might be right.

Back in April, Ticket Master sued a ticket broker in Steubenville, Ohio named RMG.

They were accused of using automated devices to get around Ticket Master's security and purchase limits.

Ticket Master says there's no evidence that's what happened with Pittsburgh's Hannah Montana concert.

Just like the brokers, they're blaming incredible demand and the internet for the quick sell out.

One of the things that really had a lot of parents upset is that they were encouraged to pay $29.95 to join the Hannah Montana Fan Club which promises that members will get an early shot at buying tickets.

Obviously that didn't work for a lot of people here in Pittsburgh.

In fact, in other cities, the brokers themselves have joined the fan club to get access to tickets.

KDKA has learned that the Attorney General's office will look at whether people who joined the fan club should get refunds, along with making sure no consumer laws were broken in the way these tickets were sold. It doesn't help me get tickets, but at hopefully something can be done about how this played out and keep millions of little girls from being disappointed in the future.

Dsnygirl
10-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the note - we didn't try to get tickets for the Rochester venue near us, as we heard about the concert too late - and good thing, as it was cancelled!! But I did hear that it was impossible to get tickets within 30 xeconds!! So, hopefully they'll get this whole thing resolved before her next concert in Albany.... I'd LOVE to surprise my girls, and I'd actually enjoy it myself! :)

Twinsowner
10-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Same thing happened here a couple months ago.

nicole48040
10-04-2007, 12:27 AM
How odd that you posted this, because I too tried to buy tickets here in Michigan the day that they went on sale and could not even get one. Either she is more popular than we all realized OR something is a going on.....hmmmmm:confused:

lovetheprincesses
10-04-2007, 02:27 AM
I agree that the scalpers are getting WAY too many tickets, but it was NOT impossible to get tickets. I got 4 with the presale, and could have gotten 4 with the general sale, but didn't go through with the transaction. It is just like Cinderella's Royal Table. You have to have your act together, or you won't get in! Hannah Montana is VERY popular!!!!!! It isn't a conspiracy!! There are LOTS of girls who love her, and also plenty of boys who just want to see the Jonas Brothers.

murphy1
10-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Do you guys remember a year or so ago she was at Typhoon Lagoon and you could see her with your paid admission!!! She was still gaining popularity. This whole thing is just sickenening. To even compare her to The Beatles or Stones, that's just crazy. We looked at the fan club thing, dh did at work, and now I'm glad I didn't waste 30 bucks on it.

merlinmagic4
10-04-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm thrilled they are looking into it and I do believe there is something wrong. I went to concerts all the time in the 80s and NEVER had problems getting tickets. There are plenty of Hannah/Miley tickets for resale here for extraordinary amounts of money. I think it's ridiculous.

BTW, I think it's like the Webkinz craze (which seems to be dying out). You can't buy one in a store but there are 14,000 on ebay!!!!

DisneyWhirled
10-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry you couldn't get tix for the girls, Kathy. I am sure that they would have really enjoyed it!

I don't even think she is coming anywhere near us :(

I think it is so unfortunate how this is happening. I hope that they can resolve it! I love to go to concerts, but I hate trying to get tickets!

scootch713
10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I was fortunate enough to get 4 igloo seats right by the stage thru the fan club, but unable to help my friend get tickets on saturday. They only seat 11,000 though and I know so many people just myself that were trying. Heck, 10 years ago, gArth Brooks sold out 6 night at Mellon Arena, it is just not that big. As far as KDKA addressing the fan club and wanting refunds, it is not uncommon for fan clubs to have presales and people not get tickets. Kenny Chesney is a fan club that I could not get any tickets for Cleveland and the Pittsburgh show only had the back sections at Post Gazette pavillion.

My opinion.. they need to do it like Alan Jackson fan club. All tickets are WILL CALL... and they opened the will call office at like 2pm on the day of concert with many people working. YOu have to show an ID and the credit card you charged them on. Keith Urban also did this when he had a fan club party show in Atlanta last year.

ncscgirl2005
10-04-2007, 09:30 AM
I heard a ticket for her show went for $2,500 in Charlotte, NC. I couldn't pay that much to see ANYBODY!

thrillme
10-04-2007, 09:44 AM
In San Antonio our tickets sold out within 40 minutes.

Could it be scalpers. Sure. I think the only way to TRULY remedy this problem is if you're offered the ticket for more than it's value...DON'T BUY IT!!!!!

Hanna Montana will not be hurt if a bunch of people don't show up because scalpers have already bought a bunch of tickets. I can't understand the mindset of these people who actually pay $2000 for a pair of $30 tickets.

That be the case...if you find one of these fools who are paying THAT kind of change for a couple of concert tickets...please let them know that I have a Pinapple Plantation in Alaska I'd like to sell them...I'll even throw in a free dole whip.

Ian
10-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I tried to get tickets to both the Philly show and the AC show and even being on at the exact right time, I had no luck. I couldn't even get one ticket about 10 seconds after they went on sale.

I definitely think scalping is out of control. When average people don't even have a CHANCE at getting tickets at a reasonable price, something needs to be done.

I mean think about it ... have you ever known anyone who just went to Ticketmaster and bought front row seats? I don't.

And the thing that sort of irks me is that, if anyone cared, this is very easy to solve. When I bought tickets for Springsteen awhile back, he mandated that all seats that were in the first 10 rows HAD to be sold Will Call only and could only be picked up by the people who had purchased them.

Surprise, surprise ... all of a sudden I was able to get right in and buy 8th row seats.

SBETigg
10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I agree that the scalpers are getting WAY too many tickets, but it was NOT impossible to get tickets. I got 4 with the presale, and could have gotten 4 with the general sale, but didn't go through with the transaction. It is just like Cinderella's Royal Table. You have to have your act together, or you won't get in! Hannah Montana is VERY popular!!!!!! It isn't a conspiracy!! There are LOTS of girls who love her, and also plenty of boys who just want to see the Jonas Brothers.

While it may be possible to get tickets with a plan, good luck and good timing, there is actual potential that scalpers have cheated the system. It's also being investigated in Arkansas and a number of other states. It was on the CT news last night. No question Hannah Montana is in huge demand, but the demand for these tickets has gone above and beyond expectation to the point of arousing suspicion and legal investigations. It's not a matter of "get your act together or you won't get in" if there's criminal activity involved in driving up demand for the tickets. Good for you for getting tickets, but it has been a problem for others who do have their act together and apparently haven't had your good fortune.

Figgyluv03
10-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I tried to get tickets to both the Philly show and the AC show and even being on at the exact right time, I had no luck. I couldn't even get one ticket about 10 seconds after they went on sale.

I definitely think scalping is out of control. When average people don't even have a CHANCE at getting tickets at a reasonable price, something needs to be done.

I mean think about it ... have you ever known anyone who just went to Ticketmaster and bought front row seats? I don't.

And the thing that sort of irks me is that, if anyone cared, this is very easy to solve. When I bought tickets for Springsteen awhile back, he mandated that all seats that were in the first 10 rows HAD to be sold Will Call only and could only be picked up by the people who had purchased them.

Surprise, surprise ... all of a sudden I was able to get right in and buy 8th row seats.

I think SoJo (104.9) has been giving away tickets this week and next week. I missed it last week. I had the station on all the way home from work, and when I got home and went into my house I had already missed it. :mad: I don't have any young ones to take, but DBf and I like the show and like her music.

Jared
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
You would think, since Miley Cyrus is apparently the biggest celebrity on the planet, the news story would know how to spell "Hannah Montana." Really, it's not difficult.

And other journalism students wonder why people hate the media.

kakn7294
10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
It is just like Cinderella's Royal Table. You have to have your act together, or you won't get in! Hannah Montana is VERY popular!!!!!! It isn't a conspiracy!!I do think it's a conspiracy among ticket scalpers. I don't know how you could have your act any more together than I did. At 9:55a, I was logged into Ticketmaster's website and had 2 cell phones and my home phone all programmed to dial Ticketmaster's phone line. At exactly 10a, they were all going at the same time with no luck at all. As far as the pre-sale, I am not a member of the fan club and by the time I found out about the show it was too late to join - they said it would take 7 - 10 business days to receive my member number for pre-sale purposes. That was on Sunday and the tickets went on pre-sale on Tuesday. And I know a fan club member who couldn't get tickets in the pre-sale either. It seems awfully fishy to me - bigger acts than Hannah Montana have been here in Pittsburgh even if she and the Jonas brothers are very popular. And I've had less trouble getting reservations to CRT twice. Congrats to you on getting tickets - enjoy the show! (That's not to be taken as sarcasm - I do mean it)

NotaGeek
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I doubt it's a conspiracy. I do think that it's the fact that their are no laws that prevent scalpers from buying mass number of tickets forcing true fans to have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to see a concert or show.

I am on every pre-sale and vip list I can find and EVEN with advance ticket purchases I can rarely get in the first 15 rows of any concert. I remember the first time I saw U2 and I camped out for 14 hours and got 4th row tickets and me and my friend could only by 2 each. Those were the days. Oh yeah, the tickets were only $40. :confused:

2Epcot
10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Hanna Montana will not be hurt if a bunch of people don't show up because scalpers have already bought a bunch of tickets. I can't understand the mindset of these people who actually pay $2000 for a pair of $30 tickets.

The people who will buy these tickets for their kids are the sames ones who spent $1000 on cabbage patch and tickle-me-Elmo dolls, just so they could have them for Christmas. There is always someone willing to pay to make their kids happy.

I have never liked the Tickemaster website. Even for shows that don't sell this fast it's not a great site to find the seats that you want.

I doubt it's a conspiracy. I do think that it's the fact that their are no laws that prevent scalpers from buying mass number of tickets forcing true fans to have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to see a concert or show.

I am on every pre-sale and vip list I can find and EVEN with advance ticket purchases I can rarely get in the first 15 rows of any concert. :confused:

I remember being in Phoenix years ago trying to buy Suns tickets, and how quickly those would go after they went on sale. Some is scalpers, but I think a lot just has to do with how popular something is.

I don't think the first 15 row of many concerts are available for public sale. These seats are usually held by the artist or concert promoter and are given to VIPs or radio stations to hand out as promotions.

thrillme
10-04-2007, 04:56 PM
I am on every pre-sale and vip list I can find and EVEN with advance ticket purchases I can rarely get in the first 15 rows of any concert. I remember the first time I saw U2 and I camped out for 14 hours and got 4th row tickets and me and my friend could only by 2 each. Those were the days. Oh yeah, the tickets were only $40. :confused:

I'm not a big concert goer but...I've attended other events. Getting the first few rows or BOXES can be next to impossible in some centers. From what I was told once...there are "companies" that actually buy a "lot" to where they automatically have a reserve before there are any sales. These are often those first few rows or boxes. You can't really "buy" them but they end up being given away in "contests" or too certian people in a "company". IF no one wants them then they can go up for sale.

lovetheprincesses
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
I do think it's a conspiracy among ticket scalpers. I don't know how you could have your act any more together than I did. At 9:55a, I was logged into Ticketmaster's website and had 2 cell phones and my home phone all programmed to dial Ticketmaster's phone line. At exactly 10a, they were all going at the same time with no luck at all. As far as the pre-sale, I am not a member of the fan club and by the time I found out about the show it was too late to join - they said it would take 7 - 10 business days to receive my member number for pre-sale purposes. That was on Sunday and the tickets went on pre-sale on Tuesday. And I know a fan club member who couldn't get tickets in the pre-sale either. It seems awfully fishy to me - bigger acts than Hannah Montana have been here in Pittsburgh even if she and the Jonas brothers are very popular. And I've had less trouble getting reservations to CRT twice. Congrats to you on getting tickets - enjoy the show! (That's not to be taken as sarcasm - I do mean it)
I completely agree with you; it is MUCH easier to get CRT!:) This was ridiculous. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic either. The only thing I meant about "having your act together" is that I began "researching" for this, before the sale, and every fan club presale for every venue was selling out. They were given so many tickets for the presale, and then released so many more for the general sale. Many people got "kicked out" of the system by refreshing the screen too many times, and lost precious seconds then, and there were a few venues that when ticketmaster came online, there were javascript errors that prevented the sale from beginning properly. I don't know what the answer is. It is wrong for people to make money off a parent's wish to take their child to see their heroine, just like a PP said with the Elmo dolls on ebay, etc. I think these people will get their bad karma at some point. I wasn't trying to upset anyone by my previous post, and I am sorry that you were offended Sherry. I didn't mean to be taken that way. I wasn't bragging, just stating that I got through both times, and actually my husband did too. Again, not bragging, just "comparing notes" so to speak, that there were indeed tix available. Some people (not on this thread) had insinuated that the fan club was a hoax, and there were NO tix avail with the code, and I was only trying to verify that that was not the case. Sorry.

DizneyFreak2002
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow.... Just.... wow.... I really don't know what to even say about this... I always hated ticket brokers.... People like me, who are fans of performers, never get to go because these scavengers scalp up all the tickets, then rip you off.... Something needs to be done... I think it is high time for ticket brokers to be put out of business...

d_m_n_n
10-05-2007, 12:42 AM
I heard a ticket for her show went for $2,500 in Charlotte, NC. I couldn't pay that much to see ANYBODY!

I WOULDN'T pay that much to see anybody! That much money is a week at Disney!!! Seven glorious days compared to maybe 2 hours...it's a no-brainer!

We have stopped going to concerts. You stand in line, they draw the "lottery" and you get stuck with lawn seats. Not to mention the cost of the tickets and the Ticketmaster fees are obscene anyway!!!

I'm sorry to all that are upset they didn't get tickets. I've been in your shoes and it is NO fun. Hope they find out if something fishy is happening.

Ian
10-05-2007, 07:03 AM
The thing is, there are plenty of easy ways to solve the problem. Ticketmaster just isn't motivated to do anything about it, because they're not the ones affected.

If anything, I think the Feds should start taking up antitrust investigations against Ticketmaster. Their fees and charges are outrageous and the fact that they basically have a monopoly on ticket sales in this country is one of the leading reasons scalping is so easy.

Marker
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Wow.... Just.... wow.... I really don't know what to even say about this... I always hated ticket brokers.... People like me, who are fans of performers, never get to go because these scavengers scalp up all the tickets, then rip you off.... Something needs to be done... I think it is high time for ticket brokers to be put out of business...

I don't blame the ticket brokers as much as I blame the people willing to pay excessive amounts. Heck, if I had a ticket to anything and someone offered to give me 100 times the value, you bet I'd sell it. If there weren't people buying at those prices, they wouldn't be able to sell them at those prices.

Now I would agree with restricting ANYONE'S ability to buy large blocks of tickets.

Interesting topic. Same thing is going on here in KC. There have been city hearings and the State Attorney General has been all over the news about it. Thing is, the show is playing in a brand new arena, and the local media is also spinning the story to blame the arena management and the city. I really hadn't even heard from the local media that it's a much wider spread issue until I read it here.

conorsmom2000
10-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm honestly glad that I read this because at least I feel better knowing that we are not alone in this....we tried to get tickets to see HM at the new Prudential Center in Newark and it was impossible. We didn't tell Conor that we were even going to try because we just had a feeling it wasn't going to happen. Had we lucked out and gotten them, we would have surprised him with them on Christmas day (the shows here are 12/29 & 12/30). You know when you can just picture what a great moment something like that is going to be - but then you can't make it happen? It's awful. :(

We do have a close family friend who is in PR for Universal Music Group - we've never asked her for anything before, but my husband did ask if she had any contacts for HM tickets. She said that while she can normally work something out, she highly doubts she can help us here. First of all, she's getting calls from everyone with kids - including some of the groups she represents! Second, she says it is the scalpers who snatch up large quantities of tickets and there are plenty of people willing to spend the $$ they are asking for them.

It's a shame and it's beyond frustrating. :( I truly hope something is done about this - It's no fun to be the parent having to explain to their kids why they can't see HM in concert.

DizneyFreak2002
10-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Jen, you know what is funny about this??? Hannah Montana sold out the Prudential Center, yet, state born Bon Jovi can't.... Now, that's saying something and evidence of foul play in my book....

NotaGeek
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
The funniest part is, I don't think that the artists or their representatives care ... they are SOLD out ... so they get to cash that fat check regardless of the fact that some of the tickets might actually have empty seats becasue no one buys the 2nd hand over priced tickets.

Marker
10-07-2007, 10:05 AM
The funniest part is, I don't think that the artists or their representatives care

Just my opinion, but I don't think that's really fair, and I don't think it's true. To me that depicts the artists as heartless and only caring about themselves. I think most probably do care. Alienating fans is never a good thing, and most are in the business of making music that people enjoy.

FYI - if you haven't heard of the Garth Brooks ticket sale yesterday.... Tickets went on sale at 10:00 yesterday morning, The moment Ticketmaster opened the web site, they were already saying sold out. But it doesn't end there, moments later tickets were appearing on EBay. However, as promised, the moment they appareard on EBay (and I saw one pair sell for $2000) at the Artist's request, Ticketmaster ceased the on-line ticket sales, and reportedly are cancelling the orders of those that appeared on EBay (not sure how they know though). Then they started adding shows. They sold out a total of 9 shows to those who personally went to ticket outlets, and to those who ordered by phone. Sales, in person or by phone, required the buyer to have an address within a certain radius of Kansas City. Apparently, Garth Brooks was prepared to add shows as long as there was sufficient ticket demand, but at 9 shows, the Sprint Center said that's all the dates they could give them.

I think some (and I'd dare to say most) artists care.

JPL
10-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I hate to say Professional Scalper and Ticket Brokers really aren't to blame any more. The problem are the amateurs who figure hey I can pick up a pair of these tickets and at least triple my money on Stub Hub or Ebay . You went from a handful of people buying tickets just to sell at a profit to literally millions. Think about people are getting tickets putting about an hour's worth of work into and in some case making a a few grand. With someone like Hannah Montana it's a no brainer. How many people know families with kids that want to go if the tickets don't sell so they could get their money back and be a hero at the same. Zero Risk.

Momof2boys
10-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I've bought tickets from brokers/scalpers, and I've sold to them. I'm about being up close. If I buy a ticket that will get me in the door, and I see a better deal, I will pay the money for it. Then I need to sell my ticket so I don't eat that cash. But if it's someone that you really want to see, you do what you can to give yourself the best possible experience.

The Bookseller
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
First thing, I am so glad Miley Cyrus got such appeal and success. I believe it is well deserved.

this being said, i am appealed by the dishonest tactics made by scalpers and resellers. i do remember a show of the "Rolling Stones" who got so overscalped that they were forced to sell the tickets in rebate!

The only solution for this is a local sale of tickets with a limit of tickets a single person can buy. Not a good thing for those who want to keep their auditoriums full but it's the only way to keep the sale fair.

Marker
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Sadly, just another example of "those people" ruining things for the rest of us.

2Epcot
10-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Pittsburgh software firm sued over
Hannah Montana ticket scalping

By Associated Press
Article Launched: 10/10/2007 08:45:39 AM PDT

PITTSBURGH - A software company has been accused of enabling scalpers to buy up tickets for the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana concert tour.

Pittsburgh-based RMG Technologies Inc. sold software that allows users to flood Ticketmaster with requests and then sell the tickets at inflated prices, according to a lawsuit filed by Ticketmaster in federal court in Los Angeles.

Ticketmaster, a unit of IAC/InterActiveCorp, is seeking an injunction to keep RMG from selling the software. A decision is expected Monday.

"I have a lot of things to say, but I shouldn't say them right now," RMG owner Cipriano Garibay told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review for a story Wednesday. He referred questions to his attorney, who did not immediately return calls.

The highest face value for a Hannah Montana ticket was $63 for the sold-out show in Pittsburgh coming Jan. 4. People have reported seeing tickets for $2,500.

Scar
10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Hannah Montana Brokers Breaking Little Girls' Hearts

Monday, October 15, 2007
By Mike Straka
FoxNews.com

Guess who's breaking little girls' hearts all across the nation?

It's fictional cutie Hannah Montana, played by singer/actress Miley Cyrus on the hit Disney Channel show.

Cyrus is doing a nationwide tour as Hannah Montana, and -- wouldn't you know? -- ticket brokers have snatched up most of the ducats so they can resell them to kids at exorbitant prices.

Tickets that have a face value of $26 are going for as much as 10 times that amount, and $56 seats are listed at over $300. Seats in the first three rows: $2,500.

Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter, is just 14 years old, and the show she fronts is one of the biggest on cable today. But $2,500 for a basic cable act?

Come on!

It's gotten so bad that even "convenience-charge"-happy Ticketmaster is suing a software company to try to get it to stop selling software that helps brokers essentially skip the cyber-line and snatch up thousands of tickets before you even get to the checkout page.

Ticketmaster is suing someone for unfair business practices. That's laughable, but I digress.

The Missouri attorney general has also filed charges against three brokers for trying to sell tickets to undercover investigators at high prices.

These brokers are the lowest of the low.

It's one thing to broker Rolling Stones or Bon Jovi tickets for prices much higher than face value, because those acts attract adults who presumably can afford to bite the bullet, or at least can get away with buying just one ticket for themselves.

But when you're talking a family affair, like Hannah Montana, an act that families would typically attend together, the prices for these tickets are out of reach for most parents and tweens.

This puts moms and dads in very precarious circumstances with their tweens, because you know little Jenny's parents down the block are going to get tickets, by hook or by crook. Then you'll have to explain to your children that you simply can't afford to send them to the show.

Ouch.

I know this isn't Earth-shattering stuff here, but taking your kids to a concert is supposed to be fun. Thanks to brokers, it's stressful instead.

DisneyGiant
10-20-2007, 01:13 AM
So I checked on line to see if the ticket prices went down (from the resellers) - a bunch of them are selling single tickets for $125 a piece.

Now my question is - who is going to allow their child to sit alone? How can they in good conscience sell only one ticket?

One place had four tickets in a clump - but the price was $1133 per ticket!!!

This is out of control!

I also think what's complicating matters is that the Jonas Brothers are paired with Miley. if they were separated - there would be more concerts to go around.......

tiaramom
10-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Tried To Get Them In Ny Too
No Luck - Within Minutes Gone!!!

DisneyFreak23
10-20-2007, 09:47 AM
It looks as if i am one of the lucky ones, i was able to score three tickets online at the normal price! And i get to go see Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers Tonight!