PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hope...

adamsfam5
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
for more changes to the 2008 DDP? Is it possible they will make the change of choosing between dessert or appetizer? Opinions??

Natazu
10-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Note that this isn't official. It is based solely on my limited dining experience.

Many restaurants, California Grill for instance, have an ordering system that does not differentiate between the non-entree food items. Servers at those places already have the ability to charge the more expensive items to the DDP. All you can do is ask when you get there. Don’t be afraid to politely ask for a manager. It’s this kind of feedback that will alert Disney to the massive desire the public possesses to see appetizers returned to their rightful place among the plan.

CarolMN
10-04-2007, 11:31 AM
I wonder if part of the reason for the change was to increase table turnover. If you eliminate a course, the meals should take less time.

If that's true, I don't think we will see a choice between appetizer and dessert since that will defeat the purpose. (Because many couples will then just split an appetizer and a dessert, so the meal will not take less time).

Just a thought. May not have validity.

cperry92380
10-04-2007, 01:33 PM
I sure wish they would give the option of choosing b/t an appetizer OR dessert, instead of dessert only.
But, by taking the appetizer away, they've also taken value away from the plan, too, since an appetizer can cost double of what desserts can.

Marker
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I too would like to see the choice. I would much rather have a salad or cup of soup than the dessert. So I'm not even talking about the more expensive appetizers, crab cakes or shrimp.

vicster
10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I'd rather have them include the tip - it would be much more convenient. Personally, when we go out to dinner we normally don't have an appetizer or dessert because we're just too full. We were at WDW last month and I told my husband I couldn't wait to go home so I didn't eat so much. (like someone was forcing me to eat).

cperry92380
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
We were at WDW last month and I told my husband I couldn't wait to go home so I didn't eat so much. (like someone was forcing me to eat).
I felt this way too on DDP. For this reason alone, we may not do the plan this time around...
Because I had spent the money for the plan, I felt like we had to use it to its fullest. Therefore, I was STUFFED :sick: the entire time, miserable!!! We had to force ourselves to follow-thru with a couple of the TS meals... YUCK!!!!!:ack: