PDA

View Full Version : Can you see the fireworks from Wilderess Lodge?

Disneyatic
10-03-2007, 05:36 PM
We are thinking about staying at the Wilderness Lodge for our next trip and I was wondering if you can see the MK fireworks from this resort?

dizneyfreek
10-03-2007, 06:16 PM
We were there in May and we loved the resort!
I was sitting on the beach area near the water and I could see many fireworks going above the trees. It was a really nice surprise. You can't see everything but the ones I saw were impressive. Enjoy your stay!

DisneyDudet
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Yes, you can! The rooms on the north side of the building on the higher floors (starting around 5) have wonderful views! We did! Our "standard view" room had a view of trees, and when you looked down, the service area for the hotel and "The Smokehouse" (let me tell you... the smell was amazing!). If you looked straight ahead from our balcony, you can see the monorail, CR, and The tip of the castle and Astro Blaster. At night, the Fireworks! We saw most of them. In the distance, you could hear the music. One night, a little girl and her mom were on the balcony next to ours, and they were singing the song! It was so cute! Also, if your room is not on this side of the building, you can head up to the highest floor you can access (concierge gets top floor with limited access) and head toward the north. If you head down the hallway, you come to some large windows with shutters. You can pull those out and should be able to see some of the fireworks.

I would say there again, but after being so spoiled by our ability to watch Wishes from our beds for VERY cheap, I doubt it will be able to live up to that. Unless I have a room like that, I don't know if I want to stay there again!

There is a way to see them!!

SgtTigger
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes and you can also walk out to the boat dock and watch them from there too.......

We love to watch from the big windows too. Just pull the shutters and they will pop open.... you cant hear the music but you dont have to go outside that way.... and the kids could be in there Jammies and ready for bed after...... what better way to end a day.... we do it every night....

:cop: :tigger:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Our room, 5052 saw them perfectly! It was amazing and a wonderful surprise. Our view was trees and the smokehouse, but you could see the contemporary, space mountain, and the castle thru the trees (especially at night). One night we stayed in to chance getting to see them and sure enough... it was raining that night, so we were in the shelter, in our pjs, with a great show! It was really neat and my DD thought it was so neat. It was a great addition to a standard room! :o)

BrerGnat
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
We could watch them from our beds in STANDARD room:

I think the standard rooms on floors 5 and 6 on the North (MK) side of the lodge are one of WDW's best kept secrets. You pay top dollar at the Contemp, Poly, and GF to see the castle and fireworks from your room. At the WL, if you make the right request on your reservation, you pay the LOWEST amount for a deluxe room on WDW property!

nifty48
10-05-2007, 08:24 PM
We stayed in Courtyard View room 6137 and watched the fireworks from our room. We have little ones (4 and 20 months) which made it necessary that we were in the room at fireworks time and yet we were still able to enjoy the fireworks. It was great. And the bonus was after the fireworks ended we were able to watch the Electrical Water Pageant. :thumbsup:

kim1st
10-05-2007, 08:54 PM
We usually timed our departure from MK so that we were on the boat DURING Wishes. (Kinda lame, I know, but we didn't want to be stuck in the crowd trying to get out of the park when it was over.)

I will say, that what we saw from the boat was awesome.

When we got back to the dock, we were usually able to just hang around for a few minutes and then the electric water pageant came by.

We really loved WL!!!