PDA

View Full Version : My Twinn Doll

ncscgirl2005
10-03-2007, 04:49 PM
My 6-yr old wants a my twinn doll for Christmas. She looks through the catalog every day and reminds me every day that she would LOVE to have one.
Has anyone else purchased one?
How was that experience? The price is steep (up to $159) but I don't mind paying it's of high quality. What was the likeness of the doll to your child? Please help.

RenDuran
10-04-2007, 09:39 AM
If you can afford it, get it now while your daughter will love it!

My daughter wanted one for years and I kept putting it off, until last year I finally ordered one for her. It was an easy enough process, and since I did the ordering online, I got my mom on the website too and we compared eye, hair and skin color to make sure I got it as close as I could. The only thing I wish I had done was get lighter colored hair, but other than that the hair style looks perfect and really does match her hair, down to the last wave! You pick out all your colors for your doll and then you send in pictures for the doll "artist" to style her hair and even add birthmarks, moles and freckles.

Unfortunately my daughter was 7 1/2 by the time I got her doll for her. She plays with her some and likes to dress her up, but I wish I had gotten her sooner! So do it for your daughter this Xmas! And make sure to order a matching outfit for your daughter.

ncscgirl2005
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Thank you so much for answering. I will go ahead and order it for her. I just hope she doesn't grow out of it too soon. Thanks again.

Tinkerbellaella
10-05-2007, 10:43 AM
My daughter's friend has one and it is not as nice of quality as an American Girl doll. My daughter's American Girl doll is holding up a lot better. The hair is the major difference. The twin doll is also bigger and not as soft. The American Girl doll has a line called, Just Like Me, and there is almost every combo of hair, eyes, and skin color to match you daughter just as well as the twin doll. Check them out online.

ncscgirl2005
10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Thank you Tinkerbellaella. I did not know about that one. I will check it out.

Scheckster
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Just thought I would give you our update on our My Twinn Doll experiance.
Last year for Christmas dear ol Santa brought this for my daughter who was 8.
I purchased it in advance off of QVC. They did a special that came with bracelet and clothes and then offered to send you two differant outfits at a reduced price later on that just happened to come around her birthday..cool huh? Anyhow, yes it was pricey but my daughter absolutely hands down thought that was the coolest gift. She plays with her and loves the fact that she is her Twinn! It's about the money as so much the memories i am trying to give my children. I recommend one of these for that "special" girl .I still wish I had my first doll that i cared for. I think this one is really a keeper and seems to be worth every penny.

Marilyn Michetti
10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I make porcelain dolls, and I can tell you that $159 for a keepsake, (collectible) My Twinn, is a bargain. Besides getting a doll that looks like your child, and yep, you can dress alike, you can also update that same doll by changing her hairstyle. It extends the magic a little longer. There's also a place in Epcot where you can get the same thing, and they'll make it for you while you wait. I don't remember what the price is, but it includes the costume of choice - the clothes are VERY quality - pretty much Disney princess's. You'll only have a little girl for such a short time. (Mine is 33, and NEVER wanted dolls - I guess that's why I play with them).
My porcelain dolls can look like anybody's child, but they would be $450, and your little girl couldn't really play with it. I say, go for it. When she's grown, you play with it.:blush:

Marilyn Michetti
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
The doll store at Epcot is in Germany, and is called Der Teddybar. The dolls are quality, but I believe more $$ than My Twinn. Like I said above, the clothing is incredible, and will fit My Twinn.

I'm totally into dolls, and work occasionally at the shop where I take classes, so feel free to ask any other ??'s:)