PDA

View Full Version : Warning for DVC guests

Aurora
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
A friend of mine is staying at the Boardwalk Villas as a guest with our family's DVC membership. The reservation is under her name. She called the Boardwalk directly to ask about shuttle service and was told that they could not give her ANY information, that she would have to go through the member (me) to get any of that information.

Has anyone else run into such a problem? She wasn't asking for a reservation, just for some information. Needless to say she feels like she given very poor service and made to feel like she was second-class, and if she was even the least bit interested in DVC, she sure isn't now.

Donald A
10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Now I know that DVC member services does not speak to non-members, period. I sorta understand why since we do pay dues for this service and I would like quick service when I want it as a paying member.

BUT

For the Boardwalk not to answer a simple question is absurd. It is rude and they are not going to make any friends treating people that way. I would call and complain to Boardwalk management.

Maleficent's Dad
10-04-2007, 08:28 AM
She called the Boardwalk directly to ask about shuttle service and was told that they could not give her ANY information, that she would have to go through the member (me) to get any of that information.
When you say "shuttle service," do you mean DME? If so, the BW can't help her.

Otherwise I'd find it hard to believe they acted like this. She could have just said something like, "Hi, I'm staying there next month and just have a quick question..."

Seems very off to me. Sorry that your friend experienced this problem.

dixielandings
10-07-2007, 04:00 PM
When you say "shuttle service," do you mean DME? If so, the BW can't help her.

Otherwise I'd find it hard to believe they acted like this. She could have just said something like, "Hi, I'm staying there next month and just have a quick question..."

Seems very off to me. Sorry that your friend experienced this problem.

I agree w/ Maleficent's Dad. It'd be very unusual for WDW to speak to anyone this way - DVC member or not. Sounds like a communication miscue.

farmergirl
10-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Now I know that DVC member services does not speak to non-members, period. I sorta understand why since we do pay dues for this service and I would like quick service when I want it as a paying member.

BUT

For the Boardwalk not to answer a simple question is absurd. It is rude and they are not going to make any friends treating people that way. I would call and complain to Boardwalk management.

So what would happen in a case such as if the Dvc deed is on my husbands name only because he would be doing the financing, could he put my name on as a contact or somthing so that I would be able to make the reservatons and stuff.

DVC Mike
10-14-2007, 11:52 AM
So what would happen in a case such as if the Dvc deed is on my husbands name only because he would be doing the financing, could he put my name on as a contact or somthing so that I would be able to make the reservatons and stuff.

Your husband could put you on the DVC membership as an "associate" member, which means you can make reservations.

farmergirl
10-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Your husband could put you on the DVC membership as an "associate" member, which means you can make reservations.

Thank you very much... so they would then tell you everything you would ever need to know just as if your name was on the deed?

Donald A
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Thank you very much... so they would then tell you everything you would ever need to know just as if your name was on the deed?

You would be able to talk to member services and everything, but he is still the primary member. My wife and I are joint members but one of us (I forget who) has the ability to do something the other can't. It might be canceling a reservation or something. Have your husband call member services and see what he needs to do to let you do everything like bank points, make reservations, etc.