PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi

Laura670
10-03-2007, 04:17 PM
I keep going back and forth trying to decide wether or not I should make an ADR for Sci-Fi or not I was wondering if anyone would recommend eating here or just a good place to get an appetizer and milkshake?????

Thanks!

Hayden's Dad
10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I would recommend it we have an ADR for it this coming Nov. The food is good and the atmosphere is fun. :D

Jared
10-03-2007, 04:25 PM
The food is mediocre, but the atmosphere is fun. The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is the perfect restaurant to make a reservation, enjoy the settings and order only appetizers and a delicious milkshake.

Spend your food money elsewhere, especially if you're not using the Disney Dining Plan.

:tasty:

Wrigley
10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I would highly recommend eating at Sci-Fi. We have eaten here several times and have never had a bad experience! The atmosphere is very fun and the food is good as well. Last time my DH ordered the bbq ribs and I had a burger and both meals were excellent. The milkshakes are wonderful as well. I'd say give it a try-it's a very fun place to eat:thumbsup:

krorx
10-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I'd go for the appetizer and the milkshake. The other food is standard fare. The atmosphere is fun. My kids loved it. :mickey:

SBETigg
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Do lunch or do snacks and drinks, or split a meal. I'm not sure if it's worth it for dinner. But it was a good lunch, and the atmosphere is fun. Here's my recent review: Sci Fi Lunch (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115556).

laprana
10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
If you haven't been there before, I'd say give it a try at least once! The food isn't that bad...nothing exceptionally wonderful, but it's not terrible, either. Just getting appetizers and milkshakes might not be a bad idea if your not using DDP. I've only been to Sci-Fi for dinner, but I've heard that their lunch choices are a little better than dinner...so it might be a good place for lunch one day? Either way, it's definitely worth seeing at least once! Lots of fun and a very unique and cool atmosphere!

crazeedizneefinatic
10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I have always been a fan of the Sci-Fi. Not for the food which others have mentioned is just typical park food. We ate there last week for dinner and I can honestly say it was totally gross! The appetizers were good we had onion rings and my mom had the spinach dip. The entrees were steaks were disgusting. Thank goodness it was later in the week and we were stuffed from all the "free" food so leaving it there was okay with us. I do enjoy their burgers so lunch or appetizers would fit the bill.

BoomNLeon
10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
We just ate at Sci-Fi last week and had fun. It is quiet and cool, the food is fine and the "movies" frequently supplied laughs and nostalgia. It was worth the ADR.

Mnchknbrat1982
10-04-2007, 12:36 AM
we just ate here last week. This is one of the places that you don't go for the food but the atmosphere. We ate there for dinner. However, after looking at the dinner menu and having heard about being able to just get burgers for dinner even though they aren't on the menu I asked our waiter and he had no problem with that. So Alan & I both got the burgers. He got it with fries and I got mine with onion rings. They were very good burgers. Think they was 1/2 lb. And they topped them with basically anything you wanted for no extra. This is one of the places we would probably return.

Natazu
10-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Do lunch or do snacks and drinks, or split a meal. I'm not sure if it's worth it for dinner. But it was a good lunch, and the atmosphere is fun. Here's my recent review: Sci Fi Lunch (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115556).
Yeah, what she said.

Laura670
10-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Thank you for all your responses .....I think I will make an ADR at the very worst I can say I tried it

thanks again!

GrmGrninGost
10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Fun place, great atmosphere, DO NOT get the steak! :ack:

tinksmom02
10-04-2007, 08:34 PM

I agree completely, I think you have to at least try it once, just to see the atmosphere. Do apps and such.

IloveDisney71
10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I agree completely, I think you have to at least try it once, just to see the atmosphere. Do apps and such.

:exactly::ditto:

brownie
10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
It's been a while since we've eaten at the Sci-Fi Dine-in. The sandwiches were okay, and the shakes were good. Our preference has become the Backlot Express for lunch when we're at Disney Studios.

amorillo
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
We've only ever done lunch & we've always had good experiences. While it's not on the must do list... we are going again this February! I love the chili!

jszczur5
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Just get the appetizer and the milkshake and save your ADR for somewhere really good like Le Cellier.
We ate at both locations last month, and there truly is no comparison. Sci-Fi was great last year, this year it was quite lousy: cold food and warm desserts (unfortunately desserts were ice cream sundaes, which we had to drink like shakes) UGH!

tennantsrwe
10-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Hi.
We ate at Sci Fi in 2005 and it was HORRIBLE. It was actually the first DDP resturant we went to. It was by far the worst food we had our entire trip. It does not compare to the other eateries at WDW. The grilled chicken salad wasn't very appealing, more lettuce than anything else and the grilled chicken was way too dry. My DH ordered the ribs and they just tasted like smoke from the grill, they had no BBQ flavor. Even our DD wasn't impressed with her kids meal (I forgot exactly what she ordered.) I don't reccommend this place to anyone, even on the DDP because I feel it's not worth it. Yea, the atmosphere is neat....and if you want to go to see what it's about please just grab a shake or app. You'll thank me later, lol! Have a safe trip!