PDA

View Full Version : Children's Dining PLan Question

ftwildernesskid
10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Do children on the dining plan get an appetizer too? My 9 year old DS loves to get appetizers and would love this, but I can't tell if they're included for the kids. I'm not too worried. I'm sure we'll have plenty to share. Just wondering.
Thanks!

Figment!
10-03-2007, 04:18 PM
It will vary depending on what each location has available on their Children's Menu.

Most Disney owned and operated locations offer "Kid's Pick" packaged meals ( 1 Child's Appetizer, 1 Child's Entree, 1 Child's Dessert and 1 Child's Beverage) that are redeemable for 1 Child Table Service Credit.

I believe that the Child's Meals, however, are typically served all at once rather than in courses.

Jared
10-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Jason, I think the accuracy of your last point also depends on the restaurant.

I remember seeing child salads with the rest of the appetizers at some places. At others, the entire meal came on one plate.

To the original poster, the appetizers are definitely sharable portions, so your son will have the chance to sample what everybody else is eating.

:tasty:

princessM0m
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
It depends. When it is included there's not always much of a choice. This is true of the desserts as well. At one place we ate my DD7 had a choice of two appetizers, neither of which she would choose to eat. At another place there was just one dessert for children.

LibertyTreeGal
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Plan on sharing. Check out the menus on intercot for the kids, it is generally very limited and "appetizers" for the kids is usually along the lines of a bowl of chicken noodle soup or a garden salad.....

TBY2225
10-04-2007, 09:31 AM
We were there last week and yes it did vary. Most places had only soup or salad listed, but would let you get fries instead with your meal. My DD didn't like most of the appitizers so she always got fries.