PDA

View Full Version : Dinning at Resort Restaurants

benny
10-03-2007, 03:54 PM
We are planning a trip to WDW next year and will be staying Dec 15 to Dec 20 at POP. The purpose for this short stay is to see the Christmas decorations in the resorts and the parks (rather than concentrating on the rides). We thought we would enjoy several meals at the different resorts and I was wondering if anyone could recommend where we should dine and do you think we would need to make an ADR? (within the different resorts). We are going back Jan 7 -17 to concentrate more on the rides etc.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jenny

robnadina
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
My Recommendation is California Grill @ Contemporary Hotel. It is pricey but worth it. You will need to make ADR. They have a wonderful view of Cinderella Castle and the fireworks show Wishes. We went for my 30th b-day this year and it was unforgettable.
Hope you have a great time!

May524
10-03-2007, 04:13 PM
My favorite resort restaurants are as follows:
O'hanas at the Poly-GREAt dinner, very fun!
Cape May at the Beach Club-We go for breakfast and we love the character interaction and the food.
Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk-If you like fish...this is a great place to go! It's VERY yummy!
Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL-A very fun place to eat dinner, the food is yummy, plus this will be a GREAt place to see xmas decorations!
1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian-We have done breakfast and dinner, and enjoyed each (also a character meal).

Have a GREAT time!

Jared
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
All of my favorite restaurants are in various resorts!

Both places at the Polynesian--'Ohana and Kona Cafe--are delicious. My family tries to dine at both each trip.

'Ohana serves a family-style Hawaiian feast specializing in grilled skewered meats. The appetizers, place in the middle of the table, are wonderful, especially the chicken wings.

Kona Cafe is a traditional table service restaurant with amazing appetizers and an open dessert kitchen. I like the crab cakes and chicken wings.

Also, I strongly recommend Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

Both are buffets, the former offering some interesting African selections, the latter serving a New England clambake with good chowder and seafood.

:tasty:

Lessie
10-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I would definitely suggest ADRs for those dates, since it is getting quite close to the super busy holiday season.

You can't go wrong with any of the signature restaurants at the resorts. The Wilderness Lodge has some of the best decorations, so I would suggest dinner at Artist Point so you can take it all in. Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian is also a wonderful restaurant that I never miss and you certainly don't want to miss the decorations at the GF either!

Have fun! :mickey:

vamaggie
10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree with all the previous posts about the TS restaurants at the resorts. Would definately make ADRs so you know when you will be eating (less chance to have a really long wait) Worse comes to worse, you don't need the ADRs but better to have them just in case.

goofyfan4466
10-03-2007, 05:10 PM
all are good suggestions , thanks

laprana
10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I would definitely make ADRs as soon as you can. The resort restaurants aren't usually quite as crowded as the park TS places, but they still seem to fill up fast! We're going the second week of December and called a few weeks ago to make our ADRs. Most of the places that were our first choices, we couldn't get. They told us that 'Ohana was booked through January! We also wanted Kona, and they were already full, too. (If you can get an ADR at either, I would recommend both places - they are fantastic!!) I would recommend Spoodles at the Boardwalk and Boma at AKL. Both have great food and really nice atmospheres! You might also try the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary since it is closing permanently in, I think, spring or summer 2008. We've been there twice and it was really good both times. Plus, you get to watch the monorail whizzing by overhead! Too cool! Good luck with whatever you choose!:mickey:

LoriMistress
10-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Here are some of the ADRs that I got for resorts:

*Artist Point at WL
*Concourse Steakhouse at CR
*Though, you this restaurant doesn't take reservations, we do plan to eat at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop.
*Grand Floridian Cafe at GF

Natazu
10-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Resort Restaurants
7. ‘Ohana
6. Citricos
5. Grand Floridian Café
4. Kona Café
3. Narcoossee’s
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's (not on DDP)

sillyolbear
10-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Definitely get ADRs.

GF-Citricos and Narcoossees
WL-Artist Point and Whispering Canyon
CR-California Grill
BW-Flying Fish and Spoodles
Poly-Kona Cafe and "Ohana

benny
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow - thank you so much for your replies and suggestions. I will definately make ADR's.

Thanks again.

Jenny