PDA

View Full Version : DDP is it good for us ... brain is mush!!

Barb_A
10-03-2007, 01:21 PM
The following are our ADRS that we have planned .. i'm trying to figure out if we should do the DDP as an add on. (I *think* we have up to 2 days before arrival to decide?)

4 adults, 1 child.
Plans:
10/8 - Arrival - ESPN dinner ($35 - A?)
10/9 Crystal Palace BK ($19- A)
10/10 Cape May BK ($19 - A)
Dinner Tutto what-ever DI ($50? - A)
10/11 Holly wood and Vine BK ($17)
10/12 Spoodles BK ($15-A?)
10/13 Boma - BK ($17 - A)
Dinner hoop de doo .. but we already reserved Tier 1 so i wouldn't want to use credits for that
10/14 California Grill ($50-A?)
Depart 10/15

We'd probably use the rest of the CS and snack credits. I ran it thru the estimator and it said "little" value for us .. is that because most of our ADRs are for BK? I didn't have what we'd probably spend per day.

No other "plans" for those days, so would do walk ins, or CS. Was planning on "eating" our way around FOod and WIne on 10/12 for dinner.

There are a couple nights taht we don't have dinner plans and will try some kind of walk up .. or go to ESPN/Spoodles for dinner as we're staying in BWV.

Figment!
10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
TI ran it thru the estimator and it said "little" value for us .. is that because most of our ADRs are for BK? I didn't have what we'd probably spend per day.You have to enter what you normally spend in order to use the value function.

If you don't enter anything it thinks you spend normally $0 a day making it of little to no value to purchase the plan.

From the instructions:
Enter what you estimate is a typical cost for you whole party for 2 meals and a snack if you were not on the plan.
If you are unable to estimate this, you can still continue, but do note you will only be able to estimate the percentage saved by the plan--you will not generate an accurate value for your party.

I assume BK is short for Breakfast?

If so your percentage saved is a little bit inflated from what you are likely to save.

Breakfast costs are typically lower than lunch or dinner costs, so the savings is lower.

Strmchsr
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Because of the way you're planning on eating, I don't think the DDP would be a good value for you at all. You'll do much better OOP. Using a TS credit for breakfast really is a waste, so go OOP and you'll save more money.

vamaggie
10-03-2007, 03:38 PM
If on the days you have a BK TS you are not planning on eating another TS meal, then it is probably not a great deal for you. If the "child" is >3 you would also have to factor in the cost of the BK (buffet usually) and other meals for the child too. This may impact your cost savings too. When are you going? If it is in 07, the tip is also included so make sure you factor that in. If you think you will spend > $39/day for the adults and >$11 for the child (if >3) the DDP may be a good deal for you. Look at the menus, run the numbers and see. Good Luck deciding!

Jared
10-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Because of the way you're planning on eating, I don't think the DDP would be a good value for you at all. You'll do much better OOP. Using a TS credit for breakfast really is a waste, so go OOP and you'll save more money.
I agree with Chris. Looking at your reservations, it doesn't seem like you'll save much money with the plan. It's convenient to pay for everything in advance, but you'll probably be better off paying out-of-pocket.